Skip to main content
Topic: PDF & ZIP thumbnails not visible for members (Read 1335 times) previous topic - next topic

PDF & ZIP thumbnails not visible for members

A member just reported that the thumbnails of zip & pdf attachments are not visible.

Screenshot_2020-04-08.png

Global moderators and admin member can view correctly the thumbnails of zip and pdf attachments. I do allow members to post and view the attachments without approbation. Guests can also view attachments, but those thumbnails are not visible for guests. As a member if I try to view in browser the thumbnail image (index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5310.0;attach=6472;thumb) I get an error: You do not have permission to approve items.

I cannot reproduce this on elkarte.net. Any idea on how to solve this?
sorry for my bad english

Re: PDF & ZIP thumbnails not visible for members

Reply #1

hmm... is there any error around associated? If you try to open the URL that should provide the image what message do you see?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: PDF & ZIP thumbnails not visible for members

Reply #2

No errors, I checked logs and elkarte logs.

Quote from: emanuele – If you try to open the URL that should provide the image what message do you see?

This:
Quote from: radu81 – As a member if I try to view in browser the thumbnail image (index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5310.0;attach=6472;thumb) I get an error: You do not have permission to approve items.

I attach a screenshot