Skip to main content
Topic: Migration of SMF to ElkArte (Read 23917 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Migration of SMF to ElkArte

Reply #15

I will be happy with both.  It would be great not to loose these pictures.

Reply #16

Quote from: emanuele – I was more thinking not to change the posts, but to write a BBCode to convert the [smg id=3657] into an image, it seems easier to me. No?

Is this possible after the migration? If so I would migrate this week and we could change this code later?

Reply #17

This would be possible at any time, provided that you preserve the aeva tables, in particular the aeva_settings and the aeva_media.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

Okay. What else do you need to help me with this?  :-[

Reply #19

Time? If you have some spare you can sell me... LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #20

Hm... Maybe I can help you with something else in return. But time... No, I have none.

Reply #21

Quote from: emanuele – This would be possible at any time, provided that you preserve the aeva tables, in particular the aeva_settings and the aeva_media.
and the avea_files table I think

Reply #22

And the image folder on the webspace. I will keep all.

Reply #23

Let's say: keep anything related to AEVA, it is easier to keep and delete afterwards, rather than swear because something useful was deleted too early. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #24

Sure. And I have to keep the images on the server as long as the board is alive. I know. ;)

Reply #25

I started looking into this. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #26

Here it is a very basic version.

It supports the bare minimum, it doesn't check for permissions for example, so if you rely on them do not use it yet in a public environment. ;)

Reply #27

Quote from: emanuele – Here it is a very basic version.

It supports the bare minimum, it doesn't check for permissions for example, so if you rely on them do not use it yet in a public environment. ;)

I am interested in this as well. I have quite a few posts with links to AEVA by the bbcode [smg=###]. My ElkArte database does not have the AEVA tables in it but I have the old database with the tables. Do I need to add them into the ElkArte database. And do I need to install the linked .zip file like an addon through package manager? Or what?

Reply #28

Quote from: b4pjoe – My ElkArte database does not have the AEVA tables in it but I have the old database with the tables. Do I need to add them into the ElkArte database.
Yes, and you should be sure the tables prefix is the same (so if your AEVA tables are smf_aeva and your Elk tables are elkarte_messages, you have to change the AEVA tables to elkarte_aeva).

Quote from: b4pjoe – And do I need to install the linked .zip file like an addon through package manager?
Yep.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #29

I have a problem with the import of the SMF messages table into my test database:

Code: [Select]
SQL-Befehl:

/*!40101 SET CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation

#1231 - Variable 'character_set_client' can't be set to the value of 'NULL'

Help is needed and very appreciated!  :(