Skip to main content
Topic: Migration of SMF to ElkArte (Read 24963 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Migration of SMF to ElkArte

Reply #45

Quote from: emanuele – Another question: how did you notice the messages are truncate? Via phpmyadmin or via SMF?
If the latter, then try checking in phpmyadmin.

Sorry, don't understand.   :o  I open the SQL file in my editor, scroll a few hundred lines down, look for a break between two messages and cut the following code out. I create a new SQL file, paste it in and copy the header from the first file into the new file, but be sure not to delete or empty the messages table! And so on. So I got four SQL files now which I thought could be importet without problems.

Reply #46

Quote from: Jorin – Oh-oh... Nearly all messages are incomplete or partially parts from the topic titles are missing! I still have big problems with my test board! Where's the rest of the messages?  :o
;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #48

That's not what I wanted to know.

There are two possible reasons why the messages are truncated:
1) if you are looking at the messages from SMF it may be:
    1a) a problem of charset during the restoring of the database,
    1b) or a problem of charset when SMF retrieves the messages from the database,
2) if you are looking at the messages through phpmyadmin it is a problem of charset during the restoring of the database (that is the same as 1a).

So, the question is: where do you see the messages truncated: in SMF or in phpmyadmin?
If it is via SMF I'd ask you to check in phpmyadmin to determine without doubt which one of the two possibilities is, if you are looking at them already through phpmyadmin I know it is a restore problem.
Depending on where exactly the problem is, there are different solutions to the problem. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #49

Oh, okay, sorry. Now I get it. I see them in SMF. I will check the database later if there are the complete posts.

Reply #50

No problem! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #51

Quote from: emanuele – Here it is a very basic version.

It supports the bare minimum, it doesn't check for permissions for example, so if you rely on them do not use it yet in a public environment. ;)

I missed that! Thanks, I will try it.

Reply #52

I'm just curious Jorin, but will you keep the wordpress site? or do you intent to use a portal and abbandon wp?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #53

When there's a gallery for ElkArte available  :P  I will "abbandon" Wordpress. I want to have all in one place[1]. But I don't like portals, I think I will simply create categories and boards for the migrated wp articles. But there must be a solution for the pictures first.
Because I don't have to update many programs then, only one needs my attention. As I am getting older other things become more important in life. ;)

Reply #54

So, I migrated. First of all, I had much more topics, posts and users in ElkArte than in SMF before. Then I searched for errors in maintenance, he found a lot. I repaired them, updated the statistics via maintenance (count new) and now I have less topics and posts than in SMF.  :o

Reply #55

Quote from: emanuele – Here it is a very basic version.

It supports the bare minimum, it doesn't check for permissions for example, so if you rely on them do not use it yet in a public environment. ;)

Installed it after migration, didn't work. I see the BBCode, but no picture. I copied the mgal_data directory into Elkarte root directory, then I exported the two database tables (aeva_media and aeva_settings), changed the prefix, imported them again (so the tables are elkarte_aeva_media and elkarte_aeva_settings, then I changed the path in the settings table to the new forum, but no pictures are shown. I tried to deinstall and install your addon again, but no difference too. There are no pictures, just the BBC.  :-\

Reply #56

Quote from: Jorin – So, I migrated. First of all, I had much more topics, posts and users in ElkArte than in SMF before. Then I searched for errors in maintenance, he found a lot. I repaired them, updated the statistics via maintenance (count new) and now I have less topics and posts than in SMF.  :o
Is that a test or a "live" thing?
Usually do a test before is better.

Quote from: Jorin – Installed it after migration, didn't work. I see the BBCode, but no picture.
Can you give me an example of the bbcodes?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #57

It's my production site. So not a test, no. But it's in maintenance mode now.

The code looks like this: [smg id=3661]

Reply #58

About the number of topics I'm not sure what to say, the only question that comes to my mind is: did you do a maintenance in SMF before the migration? Maybe the count was already messed a bit.
But maybe others have some idea. ;)

About the gallery I'll have a look tomorrow morning... if I wake up, otherwise in the afternoon. :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #59

Since SMF is still running I can try the maintenance there too and compare SMF and ElkArte then. I will give it a try tomorrow.