Skip to main content
Topic: Bookmark (Read 3009 times) previous topic - next topic

Bookmark

I have a few threads where I have useful links. It would be nice if we can have some means to bookmark them.

Re: Bookmark

Reply #1

Standard browser functionality.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #2

You can also use likes to some extent to do that ... you can see what posts you have liked in your profile, so it can be used for tracking purposes as well.  Not necessary what it was intended for but an option.

Reply #3

It's about 3 years I don't add anything to the bookmarks of my browser.
The web has changed,I have two computers, other people have computer plus phone, plus tablet, plus whatever. Keep them in sync may or may not be easy.
Let's take drafts: save things is possible on computers, just use a notepad and you don't need drafts. But we have them, and I (and probably others) start a message on a computer, continue writing it from another, and maybe I post it from the first or from a third.
Why do you use webmails? Same reason.
Also I don't know you, but (even though I stopped using them 3/4 years ago) I think I have about... 3 thousands boomarks. I don't even know what there is in there.
To track topics I mark them unread, that is a sort of bookmarking.

Was thinking: in PMs we have labels, it may be kinda cool to improve them and extend the concept to topics as well, so that each member can mark a topic with his own label (if he wants of course).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

:D
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – Was thinking: in PMs we have labels, it may be kinda cool to improve them and extend the concept to topics as well, so that each member can mark a topic with his own label (if he wants of course).
Now that would be great! But how about labeling posts instead? There are topics reaching tens of pages quickly and one might wish to bookmark just the right post(s) so one won't be forced to rummage through tons of fluff in a month or two, just to get to the good parts.
Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 05:29:17 am by hugbear

Reply #6

I completely forgot about that... LOL

Well, recently when I start something, it ends up being a (mess) generic stuff that would allow to do almost anything, so if I were to start something like that, I would just add a column to the database "type" that would allow to store as bookmark topics, messages, boards, members, pages, external links, etc.

That said, in the last month I already started too many things, it's about time to finish at least one or two of them before start anything new!! LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

I may add that capability to the bookmark addon ... All I have to do is remember, because right now having the ema-delema, jumping between to many things!
Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:27:54 pm by Spuds

Reply #8

LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

lol