Skip to main content
Topic: White page after upgrade to 1.1 beta 3 (Read 2299 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from ElkArte 1.1 beta 3 - Release ...

White page after upgrade to 1.1 beta 3

I made a copy of my site and database.  I copied over the 1.1 beta 3 files and ran the upgrade.  The resulting site is unusable, it only displays blank pages.  I am not sure if running SimplePortal 1.0 Beta 1 is related to this problem.

Re: White page after upgrade to 1.1 beta 3

Reply #1

Well, from the brief description it could be:
1) you copied but didn't fix the paths,
2) SP conflicting somehow (and if the problem is on any page this is likely the issue),
3) some not very much used feature badly broken (unlikely, but not impossible),
4) something else.

After your next reply I'll split the topic from the announcement (problem with bugs are better discussed in their own topics ;)).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Re: White page after upgrade to 1.1 beta 3

Reply #2

Quote from: emanuele – Well, from the brief description it could be:
1) you copied but didn't fix the paths,
2) SP conflicting somehow (and if the problem is on any page this is likely the issue),
3) some not very much used feature badly broken (unlikely, but not impossible),
4) something else.

After your next reply I'll split the topic from the announcement (problem with bugs are better discussed in their own topics ;)).
I will do it again, this time disabling the addons.  I had all the paths fixed before I tried the update.

Re: White page after upgrade to 1.1 beta 3

Reply #3

Kind of related. I did the same thing with copying my site and database but I uninstalled simple portal and other add-ons before doing the upgrade. All seemed to be working well but one place that isn't is in the Administration Center...Configuration===>Features and Options===>Layout give me a blank white page. Seems like all other pages work. Just this one that I get the blank white page. No errors in the error log.