Skip to main content
Topic: WYSIWYG smiley and space bar scroll (Read 2497 times) previous topic - next topic

WYSIWYG smiley and space bar scroll

1.1 RC1.  Using WYSIWYG mode, click a smiley, then the space bar, scrolls the screen down.  8)   Yep, did it here too.  

Re: WYSIWYG smiley and space bar scroll

Reply #1

The buttons do not return the focus to the textarea after release.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Hummm ... maybe something with create permanent drop down that the smiles use or maybe appendEmoticon ?
Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:58:53 pm by Spuds

Reply #3

Well scratch that thought   It acts the same for all of the toolbar buttons.  Trying it on the editor home page, clicking on the toolbar enables the function and the cursor remains in the editor window. 

I tried to disable a bunch of things to see if it was some JS problem but have not been able to figure out why it behaves this way here (where you have to click back in the editor window after interacting with the toolbar, ie bold, smiley ect)

Reply #4

Believe I found the problem  :o so give it a try (here) now and see how it goes ... I have only checked this with chrome so far so please try it out with FX, IE/Edge etc ... 

Reply #5

Looks (almost) good! :D

But I found another bug. :P

In WYSIWYG, if a smiley doesn't have a space after it, it is converted to the corresponding code.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

I've tried what I think you are saying a couple of ways and don't see the bug ... so could you explain it a bit more  O:-)

Reply #7

hmm... odd, now it works perfectly. Well, I'm not that lucky with WYSIWYG anyway. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Its the new self healing / fixing code we added to 1.1 :P

Keep looking for problems as this is our custom blended sce for 1.1 running on this site. 

Reply #9

ROFL!
 emanuele likes self-healing code!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.