Skip to main content
Topic: Suggestion: Make the logo a link too! (1.1) (Read 2223 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestion: Make the logo a link too! (1.1)

What if the logo was a hyperlink as well to the home page, instead of just the Forum Name? :D

Facta, non verba.

Re: Suggestion: Make the logo a link too! (1.1)

Reply #1

Seems redundant, when you already have the other one ;)
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

That all depends.
Not too sure, but if recall correctly, if switch to just logo, then it does link.
However, if have text and logo, logo does not link.

Personally, it's a choice, but in my honest opinion, it's better to have one or the other, and not both.
I usually favor just the logo, on sites, and make them centered, and as full width as can, but not too much height.

Reply #3

I have long been advocating for linkable logo on left.

Reply #4

Cause, I would rather just have the logo as the link on the left, instead of in the middle or with a text forum name.

Just like in most sites, Facebook, etc, just a clickable logo link on the left ;) Simple, beautiful & functional. A lot to do with good ux.
Facta, non verba.

Reply #5

Actually, the whole header could be redesigned.. so that the search is also incorporated as a drop down next to the user profile button :D Hence, saving more space in the header.
Facta, non verba.

Reply #6

There is a quick login at the header of which could be redesigned[1] as well all of which you can also propose by creating custom theme.
In my FaceIt theme, I moved it below the breadcrumb.