Skip to main content
Topic: Care to try a different 'help' icon? (Read 2286 times) previous topic - next topic

Care to try a different 'help' icon?

The default question mark help icon seems sort of out of place with the default themes. I see the default theme as quite a bit more 'refined' than the help icon.

Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:15:28 am by AaronB

Re: Care to try a different 'help' icon?

Reply #1

I kind of like the current icon.  O:-)

If it were to change the + and - icons should also change since they are the same basic style as the current ? as well, at least if you want to maintain consistency.

Note all of the icons come from the fugue icon set, there are several ? + - icons available as I recall.  We have tried to only use icons from that single set since the author took the time to make sure they worked together (colors/size/style/etc).

Re: Care to try a different 'help' icon?

Reply #2

:) His work is really good. This question mark one I think is his 'question-octagon-frame' icon.  Probably just my eyes or taste I suppose, but the darker blue just does not work for me.  He has one called the 'question-button' that I also like. Maybe it is the eight sides I don't find attractive? I might give the unframed 'question-button' a look-see.

:)