Skip to main content
Topic: Convert SMF to ElkArte (Read 38900 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from How to install ElkArte Alpha?

Re: Convert SMF to ElkArte

Reply #105

Got all this figured out but I can't get past step 1 I get this error

Reply #106

Shared hosting I'd guess ... what that means, or should mean, is that in your php.ini or your hosts, they have
Code: [Select]
disable_functions set_time_limit
which prevents the script from asking for more time to run.   Not sure if @TE can update (or if it already has) paused loop execution as a way around that.

Reply #107

it's shared and I don't have a php.ini file in that directory, I will wait i can do thanks.

Reply #108

Anyway that's a bit of an odd configuration, if it is disabled through php.ini on my localhost, the @ silences the error. But in Allan's case case the execution is stopped anyway... O_o

What host are you using?

I think as workaround the line can just be removed, because anyway the importer is paused after a certain time.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #109

I have a reseller account, it was something server side since they had to disable it for me. On a side note everything went great after I got that straightened out.

Reply #110

Has anyone tried converting a SMF 1.1.9 to Elkarte?

Reply #111

Last time I tried it was something like...2 or three months ago.
It worked AFAIR. Though I can't find it any more, so most likely I deleted everything.
I have to try again...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #112

My employer uses SMF 1.1.9 and was talking about upgrading to 2.0. I been talking to him about Elkarte I was wondering how successful anyone was.

Reply #113

1.1.9 or 1.1.19? (Asking just to be sure.)

In theory, the upgrade (that has not been packaged in any release), works the same way as SMF, from YABB up to SMF 2.0.
Of course is theory, because in fact it has not been extensively tested.
What I can say is: I tested it during... March I think and I found some bugs that I fixed. Now I'd have to test it again (maybe to find new bugs LOL).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #114

Sorry it is 1.1.19 version, I informed them that that version would be not supported once 2.1 went live. But I have been talking to them about elkarte.

Reply #115

A small update on the subject: I just tried an upgrade (a test, not live) from SMF 1.1.19 and apart few bugs I fixed in the meantime, everything seems to work without problems! :D
The only big problem is that the admin should convert the database to UTF8 before upload the upgrade files, that is a weak point, maybe in the time between the release of the RC and the final version I'll try to extract the converter and make it standalone.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #116

So, does this work with the RC1 release? I have a candidate board I'd like to upgrade to Elk, but I do want to keep the data.

Reply #117

Eliana I would give it try, I really had no problems except the share hosting thing, which spuds posted a quick fix for.

Reply #118

Converting my actual SMF 2 to RC1 worked like a charme. Give it a try.

Reply #119

Okay, got it running (the importer does not like to be in a different folder right now, it tries to call install.php in its parent folder, even if the "install path" is pointed somewhere else). But I've got an error:

Code: [Select]
Message: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
Trace: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
Line: 2972
File: /path/to/new/elk/import.php

Some other things:
Importer believes Elk version is only Beta 2.
import_en.xml thinks that Wedge is the only software its importing from (line 12).