Skip to main content
Topic: Strange user bug (Read 2247 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange user bug

I've gotten a strange bug report from one of my users. He says that every time he hits a button on the forum that his browser (chrome on win10) downloads the page he's going to as a html and php file.
His only addon is adblock.  I'm not serving ads so there should be no conflict there?

No other user has mentioned experiencing this problem and I can't replicate the problem.
Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:40:35 pm by davemc

Re: Strange user bug

Reply #1

Sounds more like a server configuration error when its sending your php file as text.  But if its only 1 user that is really strange.

If you possibly had things set up wrong at one point (like an invalid AddType) but it has since been corrected.  I'd tell that user to clear his cache, Chrome can be pretty stubborn in displaying an old result (if thats the case).

Maybe someone else has some other ideas.

Reply #2

The weird thing is he is a new user.

I've ran a maintenance sequence on the forum and cleared the cache on my side. Hopefully that will clear his issue although I have a funny feeling that the issue is on his side.

Reply #3

I agree that this server config error. You should report this behaviour to your hosting provider. If you set it up on your own, check your setup again.

Reply #4

It's possible a content disposition problem but it still a server configuration problem.
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #5

I got more information from the user. It seems that the error only happens when he hits a form submission button.

It's happening every time he logs in or posts something.  I cannot replicate it. I have a feeling it may have something to do with his browser setup but he says that his only addon is an adblocker

Reply #6

What about let someone else test? (i.e. link to your forum and maybe a test account? :) )

Maybe you are not getting the error because you are admin?
Did you try with a normal account?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

I added a regular member test account for myself and tried it using windows 10 and chrome.

No download from the browser. the post went through with no issue.

As I said, no other member has reported the issue and I cannot replicate it at all.

Reply #9

Thanks for that.

That looks like it could be the answer