Skip to main content
Topic: Better Breadcrumb (Read 3790 times) previous topic - next topic

Better Breadcrumb

So decided to spend some time with what I know and made a few css edits to make the forum's Elk Social theme look a bit more different at www.techiewiz.in . Just wondering if I can use a better breadcrumb for the theme. Something similar to Elk light or a bit more attractive. Please guide.

Re: Better Breadcrumb

Reply #1

Nice color combination! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

:P

Reply #3

I never understood the word "breadcrumb" - what does it mean in a forum?

Reply #5

I see...so it is just another word for linktree?

Maybe the styling in your Forum should be more "serios", if it is not a forum "just for fun".

Those colors in the header at the top of the forum and the avatars would be nice for children in a kindergarden.  ;) I am a bit childish too, and I like it. But than I would prefer the categorie-headers in soft grey or white. I don't like this boardicons at all, they are looking much too big and the color ist not good to the other colors in your forum.

Maybe it would be nice to take the four colors from the name of your forum and use it in very tiny points here and there, some in the categorieheaders - not as backgroundcolor, but for the fonts...some of that colors in the linktree, some in the boardicons and so on...
Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:22:34 am by Ruth

Reply #6

What do you expect after seeing my avatar ;)

Joke apart : Just trying to learn styling. That is the was my first attempt. Will try different variants.

Reply #7

I would just play around with the CSS until you get what you want it to look like.

Reply #8

Nice :)
No found.

Reply #9

Quote from: Allan – I would just play around with the CSS until you get what you want it to look like.

Editing that board_icons.png took all energy from me to experiment further. That is the reason I ask for a mod on it in the first place.

Reply #10

Just make a new sprite using the same sizes and name them the same thing. FTP them over the default ones.

Reply #11

Quote from: Allan – Just make a new sprite using the same sizes and name them the same thing. FTP them over the default ones.

That is what I did. But it is a bit time consuming in  my opinion. Simply resizing and replacing it is more easy, no ?

Reply #12

Wy don't you try it this way, meetdilip?  Link It is less work and much easier to do. You can try and change several icons very quickly and see how they will look and if you like them.

Reply #13

Quote from: Ruth – Wy don't you try it this way, meetdilip?  Link It is less work and much easier to do. You can try and change several icons very quickly and see how they will look and if you like them.

Yes, @Ruth . That seems to be the best option at the moment. I have just started doing it. Will be playing with it more. :)