Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Upgrade 1.0.x to 1.1.3 does not work (Read 3113 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Upgrade 1.0.x to 1.1.3 does n...

Re: Upgrade 1.0.x to 1.1.3 does not work

Quote from: radu81 – In the end I solved using the 1.1.2 files and then update to 1.1.3

I want to try it now with my forum on this way, too.
Do I need the upgrade.php or the install.php of the 1.1.2 for that?
ElkArte version: 1.1.8 / Theme: BeSocial / PHP 8.0

Re: Re: Upgrade 1.0.x to 1.1.3 does not work

Reply #1

What version are you using now? 1.1.2 ? If so download and install the patch file from here https://github.com/ElkArte/ElkArte/releases/tag/v1.1.3
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

At the moment it's the 1.0.10 with the imported data from the SMF.

Reply #3

Do a full backup first, backup your files and database!

Then download the 1.1.2 version from here  https://github.com/ElkArte/ElkArte/releases/tag/v1.1.2  (file ElkArte_v1-1-2_install.zip 
unzip all files to your PC, then using Filezilla upload all files overwriting the existing ones
go to your forum and start the process to upgrade to 1.1.2
once you have 1.1.2 installed  download and install the patch file ElkArte_v1-1-3_patch.zip from here https://github.com/ElkArte/ElkArte/releases/tag/v1.1.3 (use elkarte add-on installer to install this patch)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

I'm trying to do the ugrade to 1.1.2 now. The installer page says this on the first page:

Warning!
This upgrade script is out of date! The current version of ElkArte is 1.1.2 but this upgrade script is for 1.1.1.
It is recommended that you visit the ElkArte Community website to ensure you are upgrading to the latest version.

Should I ignore that and keep going on?

Reply #5

I did ignore that message. Don't know if it's the best choice, otherwise wait an answer from developers
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

It doesn't work. Each time when the message comes that the 1.1.2 has been successfully installed and I can now visit the forum, then doesn't open the forum, but again the first page of the upgrade program... I tried it two times. :(

Reply #7

try with another browser, or try in incognito mode. Otherwise clean browser temporary files and cookies. I had the same problems and forgot to mention, sorry :(
Make sure the installer deleted the install folder, if not delete it manually
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

I split the topic because it is already messy when two bugs are discussed in the same topic, let alone a bug and a support issue. :)
Thanks for the understanding. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

The split is okay. :)

- - - - - - -

Unfortunately, none of these works. :(
I tried it in the incognito mode with Firefox and Chrome, and with Firefox with cleaned browser temporary files and cookies.
With all I ended after the "succesful" installation again on the first page of the upgrade program.
If I try to go on there, on the second page is this error message to find. From there it will not continue.

Reply #10

Once completed the upgrade to 1.1.2, did you checked if the install folder is still present on your forum? 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #11

I deleted it every time after the 1.0.10 installation - but not after the 1.1.12 ...
That was it!!
I kicked the install folder out now and the forum is there! :)
Now I will try the patch to 1.1.3.

Reply #12

Oh, again the error message "You cannot download or install new packages because the packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!" is shown, but the packages directory and sub directory are writable on 777.

Reply #13

After changing the directory owner to "PHP User" it worked. The forum is now a 1.1.3, but the installation of some addons still does not work.

Now I'm again at this point:
https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=5169.0

Reply #14

Glad you solved at least this problem. ;)
sorry for my bad english