Skip to main content
Topic: Request - Nofollow attribute for external links (Read 16417 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Request - Nofollow attribute for external links

Reply #30

sorry to bump this again, are there any news?  O:-)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #32

I was looking into a simplified version of this, but I'm having a "design" doubt and I'd like to gather opinions.
What I'm trying to achieve:
1) nofollow at the board level,
2) optional nofollow for signatures.
So, give the possibility to create boards in which the nofollow attribute is applied and others where the nofollow attribute is not applied. This, in conjunction with an optional setting to add the nofollow to all the signatures would allow a rather fine grained control[1].

Now, the doubt is this one: the setting is one that goes into the create/edit board, but does it deserve a column in the boards table?
I'm a bit wary about it, because despite being a "board-level" setting, to me is something that would better served with just an entry in the settings table. On the other hand, a simple entry doesn't "sound" nice, but I'm not sure.

Opinions?
Basically permission-based because the board can have a control over who can post, yes, with all the limitations on answers and alike, but at least it's better than nothing. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #33

I think it could be best handled as a board permission ... easy to set up a no-follow permission profile and apply as needed.

Reply #34

No problem for me to use board permission, but bbcode will change for nofollow links? Thanks Emanuele for not forgetting about this
sorry for my bad english

Reply #35

Sorry to bump this again  O:-)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #36

Ouch... sorry, I completely lost that one... :-[

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.