Skip to main content
Topic: Token verification failed. Please go back and try again. (Read 2790 times) previous topic - next topic

Token verification failed. Please go back and try again.

I'm getting this error when I try to get into admin area (I am admin). Screenshot attached.
This happened since I wanted to change a typo in a users email, it asked me admin password again but keeps throwing this error.

I tried - incognito mode, clearing cookies, logout - login, browser restart etc.
Version 1.1.1. No upgrades since first install. There are two plugins - tweeter login/registration and social sharing icons.

Please help.

Re: Token verification failed. Please go back and try again.

Reply #1

I feel I have an idea why this is happening, but I'm not sure what could be the cause.
Try to log with javascript disabled.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Same result.
Tried both in firefox and chrome.

Reply #3

O_o

Would you mind sending me the link to your forum? (Even by PM if you want.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Sure.
http://selftalk.oormi.in
Its public, I even posted in showcase here , a few days ago.

Reply #5

xD
I'm following mostly features, bugs and support, the rest I enter very seldom. :)

The twitter login is an addon? Is there a download link?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Good news, the problem was solved by logging in via a 3G network instead of 4G.
This is strange :D
But the reason is that a 4G network keeps changing IPs (I'm not sure how or probably it does something else). Probably the auth tokens depend on IP.
I know this because there are other software that have same problems, like the control panel for web hosting. It does not tolerate 4G. I always use a 3G connection or use a proxy which has a fixed IP.

Reply #8

That's a weird issue indeed, but if IP changes mid-way, is likely that the that this is the issue indeed.
Glad you solved it!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

May be it's more to ipv6 problem rather than 4G? I came to this thought as I found not all services readily support ipv6 while I was managing my servers.  (Even my country main ISP. May be because they are still selling fixed ipv4 for MYR500 per month :'( ).

Reply #10

Can be both IPv6 and 4G issue. Or can be rapidly fluctuating signal at my place, so my 4G router/modem keeps reattaching to the networks. After some searching I found some info like below. But it does not explain the exact cause. But it looks like binding auth with IP is not a good idea.
https://www.ctrl.blog/entry/ip-auth-factor

Reply #11

Unfortunately I'm still on v4 on any connection I have handy, so I cannot do many tests...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.