Skip to main content
Topic: SOLVED: Upgrading from 1.1 RC 2 to 1.1.3 (Read 1682 times) previous topic - next topic

SOLVED: Upgrading from 1.1 RC 2 to 1.1.3

Hi there,

I have tried to upgrade to the latest version of Elk, however when I copied the files over I got the error message "Old files detected, please make sure you copied all new files over". I thought that maybe my copy command didn't work so I extracted the files to a new folder and deleted the old folder, and then copied the new files only, and the installer came up but as soon as I copied the settings file over I got the same error. I then tried removing the settings and manually add the correct settings to the "sample" settings file and got the same error.

Would anyone have any ideas at all?
Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:48:34 am by Bunstonious
Quote from: Random GuyNot putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your Girlfriend, so she'll be more desirable to her next Boyfriend

Re: Upgrading from 1.1 RC 2 to 1.1.3

Reply #1

You must overwrite current files.

Reply #2

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I did overwrite the files, I also removed the folder and had ONLY new files.
Quote from: Random GuyNot putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your Girlfriend, so she'll be more desirable to her next Boyfriend

Reply #3

When you overwrite files you should not upload the install folder. 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

That solved it, thanks. XD

Re: SOLVED: Upgrading from 1.1 RC 2 to 1.1.3

Reply #5

I don't know if there were any db changes from RC1 to final that would warrant running the upgrade script, if not just doing what @radu81 said will work fine.

if needed there is a bug in the 1.1.3 upgrade that throws the above error ... https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/3175 You can either change the header of the index.php (from the 1.1.3 package) to say 1.1.3 vs 1.1.1 or change the upgrade script as shown in the above link to allow it to check the right file for the revision.