Skip to main content
Topic: [1.1.3] unread and unread replies (Read 2895 times) previous topic - next topic

[1.1.3] unread and unread replies

On my mobile action=unread and action=unreadreplies is reversed.

The right icon should show unread replies and the URL is action=unreadreplies, but it shows only unread posts from topics I never posted in. The second icon from the right shows unread replies to my posts, but the URL is action=unread.  :o

Yes, I am totally sure that the second icon from the right shows the unread answers to my posts!  ;)

Edit: On my desktop I can't test right now, but I will keep an eye on it. On my desktop the same. The both buttons are reversed.

Re: [1.1.3] unread and unread replies

Reply #1

I have not seen that behavior, but @emanuele noted a bug with this function for forums with > 100K posts which I believe yours does.

Could you try an experiment for me?  in Unread.class.php (sources/subs),  make this change
Code: (find) [Select]
			$board = !empty($this->_query_parameters['boards'][0]) ? $this->_query_parameters['boards'][0] : 0;
Code: (replace) [Select]
			$board = !empty($this->_query_parameters['boards'][0]) && count($this->_query_parameters['boards']) === 1 ? $this->_query_parameters['boards'][0] : 0;
I know that is one bug but don't know if its the only one.

Reply #2

With this new code the problem is solved, thanks!  :)

Reply #3

@emanuele do you want to include this in 1.1.4 ?

Reply #4

Sure, why not! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Can it be the problem is back again after a view days now? It seems so, but I have to investigate further to be sure.

Edit: Yes, it is back. Your code is still in the file. But look at the screenshots and their names...

Reply #6

Is it just a template error where the little speech bubble is not shown when it should be ??

Reply #7

On June 3rd definetely not just the template. Today I have to wait till more posts are made at my board to be clear.

Reply #8

@Jorin‍ check also if unread replies are working fine on your forum
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

Okay, this is very strange.  :o

Earlier this day both lists looked the same with the same threads. I answered all of them some day, so the lists are exactly the same.

Now the lists are different. "New posts" shows more threads (6 to be exact) then before, but in all of them I answered someday. "New replies" shows 9 threads, and I answered in all of them some day. All 6 threads listed under "new posts" are listed under "new replies" too. All of the listed threads include new posts since my last visit.

Reply #10

after updating to 1.1.3 unread replies was not working on my forum (it only showed unread replies from 1 topic). I guess this would be fixed in 1.1.4

=== edit ===
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/3198
Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:26:05 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #11

@radu81 would you mind trying the change suggested above in place of the workaround I sent you by PM?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

just replied on github: https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/3198#issuecomment-395574535
I removed the quick fix you suggested, and with the solution posted by Spuds seems to work, but I will confirm in the next days. I don't have many unread replies now.
Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:54:00 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #13

I get the email just after posting here. :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

Since two or three days both lists seem to work fine and show the correct results. I didn't change anything since June 3rd though.  :o