Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Simple Ads (Read 12558 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] Simple Ads

Reply #30

I made some minor updates and released a 1.0.4 version https://addons.elkarte.net/feature/Simple-Ads.html

Its for 1.1.x only and has a couple of php 7.4 changes that could throw a depreciation error. 

Reply #31

I've been hesitant to report this as @Spuds already has plenty on his plate with development. Nonetheless we've apparently released this Kraken, so here's another tentacle. 

This add-on functions with php 8.x. However, the admin panel does not. It's been a while since I messed with it so I don't recall the specific error. I'll follow-up if needed once I return to civilization (read laptop). 

Reply #32

I just did some quick testing on 1.1.9 and did not see any errors, so I'll need some more details :D

Reply #33

Quote from: Spuds – I just did some quick testing on 1.1.9 and did not see any errors, so I'll need some more details :D
Oh great. The error is an operator error. :joy:

Reply #36

Quote from: badmonkey
The error is an operator error.

AKA "Loose nut on the keyboard"

(I have an 89 y/o mother in a senior living facility 1500 miles away from me with a laptop as her primary means of communication with the outside world. I just spent two days providing "remote tech support" talking her through removing malware from it so she can use it again.
You should see the email filters I've set up on her Email account on my server, probably takes the mailserver 5 minutes to chunk through them all before it passes an email to her inbox.)

"You clicked on WHAT????"  (I know all about 'loose nuts on keyboards'.. mine occasionally has that issue too, as some of my bug-reports in this forum are evidence of..)

-Steeley 

Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
[~ Pink Floyd: "Wish You Were Here"]

Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 05:54:47 pm by Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #37

Here's the encountered error with SA on php 8.1, when attempting to access the ACP:

Code: [Select]
Call to undefined function create_function()

This isn't encountered on php 7.4. Am I missing something?

Reply #38

Nope. Just the relevant code need to be changed to be php 8+ compatible.

Reply #39

Are you sure you are using version 1.0.4 which is the latest?  Its available on the addons site (link in first post).    Its possible I uploaded an old version (going to check next), but the current version does not use create_function() anywhere.

Reply #40

Indeed, it was 1.0.3. Somehow I missed the update, operator errrrrrrooorrrr...  :grin: 

Reply #41

:man_dancing::partying_face: Love easy fixes