Skip to main content
Topic: Upgrade to 1.1.5 and getting the maintenance also changing the $maintenance=0 (Read 3433 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgrade to 1.1.5 and getting the maintenance also changing the $maintenance=0

Hi Guys, hope everyone doing okay, I've just upgraded my forum from 1.0 (php:5.6) to 1.1.5 (php:7.1) first it showed some old language files but when it solved then it showed the Maintenance message therefore I've changed the $maintenance = 0 in "Setting.php" and now Its showing me 500 error on index and forum/forum page it says "You can set an LC powered page to serve as 404 page in WP admin > Live Composer > Archives and Search." can anyone help me in this regards
Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:55:09 am by Auctor Lucan

Re: Upgrade to 1.1.5 and getting the maintenance also changing the $maintenance=0

Reply #1

What WP admin?

Re: Upgrade to 1.1.5 and getting the maintenance also changing the $maintenance=0

Reply #2

WordPress, I guess

Reply #3

So your forum is in a subfolder of WP? I think since the error is a WP error, you should resolve whatever issues that WP is complaining inside your WP admin cp, does that makes sense?

Reply #4

If you have changed the status fro mthe admin panel, it may be related to a bug I found recently.
Please open your Settings.php from ftp or from your admin panel, you are likely to find the message broken on multiple lines, something like:
Code: [Select]
$mmessage = 'something here that goes on a new line
like this';
like this';
You will see that the "last line" of the maintenance message is repeated twice.
If so, you have to remove the last line and so fix the syntax error.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

I've checked but nothing is repeating, also I'm reverting it back to 1.0 (php 5.6), can you guide me the proper steps for upgrade to 1.1.1 (php 7.1). That would be very helpful. :)

Reply #6

The upgrade process steps are:
download the latest package (i.e. at the time of writing ElkArte_v1-1-5_install.zip from https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/releases/tag/v1.1.5 ),
upload everything to overwrite anything that is in your forum folder,
follow the upgrade instructions,
done.

Now that you mention the upgrade, I wonder if you just had issues running the upgrade script and in fact the database was not upgrade at all.

Elk works pretty fine with php 7.1 (this install is using it right now and many people here are using Elk on 7.1 and some even on 7.2), so that's likely not the issue.
Also, "500" is a rather generic error, that could mean anything.
Please try to check your server logs to see if they give you some more insights on what the actual problem is. Or at least try to have php output the error in the visited page.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

My Current version is 1.0.9, so I should download ElkArte_v1-1-5_install.zip, put all files in server and run install/upgrade.php ??

Reply #8

Yes.
That is the usual way.

Of course do back up both files and db in case you need to restore anything.

Also, please, there is no need to post a message here and send me PM.
If I can answer I'll answer even here, if I cannot I'll not be able to access the PM as well. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

One quick question regarding the maintenance issue that appears after the upgrade is done, is there any solution ?

Reply #10

It shouldn't do that unless there was a failure with the upgrade.

Reply #11

I get choices like "Backup tables in your database with the prefix "backup_elkartenew_".
   Put the forum into maintenance mode during upgrade. (Customize)
   Output extra debugging information
   Empty error log before upgrading"

So which one is good to go with ?

Reply #12

For easier life in case of restores, I would suggest to use phpmyadmin to backup the database or any tool provided by your host.
Same for files, use ftp or any tool provided by your host to download the relevant folders (sources and themes mostly).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

I have the backup for both files and database :)

Reply #14

Then if you really want you can select "Output extra debugging information", but it's not that helpful anyway.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.