Skip to main content
Topic: Site Upgrading (We hope) (Read 19611 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Site Upgrading (We hope)

Reply #45

QuoteHaven't looked at mobile stuff yet. I thought we were having a seperate mobile theme for that.
Thats the intention

Since we had a good flurry of commits over the last week, I updated the site to the 08SEP repo

Reply #46

Did we lose the $_REQUEST['start'] fix? ???

I thought it was committed...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #47

Hey have there been an db changes over the last couple of weeks? Just need to know if the upgrade script is necessary when I sort out my local.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #48

Quote from: emanuele – Did we lose the $_REQUEST['start'] fix? ???

I thought it was committed...
I'm pretty sure I got all the files, but the new does not seem to be working ... I'll double check

QuoteHey have there been an db changes over the last couple of weeks? Just need to know if the upgrade script is necessary when I sort out my local.
Last couple of weeks ... I don't think so.

Reply #49

Oh crap wait ... thats one I did just on the site, I think we were going to wait for Norv to comment on that one ... I'll make the patch now :P

ETA: Quick fix applied ... should be better now :P
Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:10:39 pm by Spuds

Reply #50

Oh right!
It was still pending. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #51

I went hunting elkFadeScroller on Github to see if I could sort it out for the iPhone, but must be doing something dumb, because I can't seem to find the css to go with the id. Any tips :P?

Reply #52

I can see one reference in index_light.css, though I don't know if it is the correct place to change it...

emanuele thinks Ant should know.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #53

Will have to take another look. Can't remember offhand. :)

ETA: Looks like that's the only place I defined it. Really, that should be split into dimensioning and eye candy too. Will make a note of it.

Thing is though, if we're having a seperate mobile theme why worry about what it looks like on iPhone? The CSS is going to be complex enough as it is without adding extra complications we don't need. My 2c is that the responsive stuffz should only be as responsive as is really required.
Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:46:22 pm by Antechinus

Reply #54

Quote from: Antechinus – Thing is though, if we're having a seperate mobile theme why worry about what it looks like on iPhone?
http://www.elkarte.net/index.php?topic=564.msg4131#msg4131
Question is: Are we still going with a full featured mobile theme?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #55

Thats the desire .. IchBin was doing the work on that, and has a start here its a jquery mobile based theme ... Sounds like he may need some motivation, so perhaps some name calling will help him :P ... or maybe better some help.

If we can't get that sorted, then our basic responsive stuff will have to provide all the support.

Reply #56

Quote from: Antechinus – Will have to take another look. Can't remember offhand. :)

ETA: Looks like that's the only place I defined it. Really, that should be split into dimensioning and eye candy too. Will make a note of it.

Thing is though, if we're having a seperate mobile theme why worry about what it looks like on iPhone? The CSS is going to be complex enough as it is without adding extra complications we don't need. My 2c is that the responsive stuffz should only be as responsive as is really required.

Certainly doesn't have to be a worry, however its a pretty big blocker to the default theme working on iPhone/iPad. The rest all works :)

Breaks the window layout in Webkit too though depending on how small you shrink the window.

Reply #57

TE just made a PR that will fix up the responsive stuff for this theme ... With all the recent changes it simply had not kept up with hiding the right items so it "fits" .... Once its merged in to the core I'll update the site so it can be tested further :)

Reply #58

Yup. It should just need a display:block or something to get them to stack on small screens. It still needs some tweaking even on desktop. I'm not happy with the way the guest form is all squidged, especially when OpenID is there too.

Reply #59

Quote from: Spuds – TE just made a PR that will fix up the responsive stuff for this theme ...
yep, PR is merged ..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------