Skip to main content
Topic: Registration Type: Admin Approval; admin reveices no email (Read 884 times) previous topic - next topic

Registration Type: Admin Approval; admin reveices no email

Hello,

the thread title says it all. Admin gets no email. The applicant does.

"Notify administrators when a new member joins" is checked.

None of the administrators is being notified.

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance!
Esteffano

Re: Registration Type: Admin Approval; admin reveices no email

Reply #1

I'm going to have to look at that.  I'm honestly not sure it sends those immediately or after some delay, like new posts awaiting approval.  Is this on ElkArte 1.1.8 ?

Reply #2

Do you mean notification or email? There should be notification at least.

Reply #3

Just did a quick test and I got an email to my admin account right away.   Registration set as admin must approve.

Reply #4

I get admin emails when new users sign in, but do not have "need to approve" selected (redundant - they can't even access the forum to sign up unless I grant them permission to that area of the server). ~ v 1.1.6

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #5

Hello,
thank you for the replies.

The ElkArte Version is 1.1.8, yes.

There is a note in the forum (you know, the "new member awaiting approval" (or a similar message). But there is no email arriving to any of the (2) admins. At the same time, the applicant receives an email almost instantenously.

Best regards,
Esteffano

Reply #6

I don't use approval for new members, and I receive daily mails with new registrations. Had this configuration for years and always worked for me.
Do you receive other kind of emails from your forum? Did you checked your SPAM folder? 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

Quote from: radu81 – Do you receive other kind of emails from your forum? Did you checked your SPAM folder?
Yes, as I said above: "At the same time, the applicant receives an email almost instantenously."

Best regards,
Esteffano

Reply #8

This is not why that was asked.
It's not the applicant that's not getting the emails, but YOU.
This is why it was asked if YOU got other emails from the forum.

Reply #9

Good point @Burke_Knight
But I wonder what other mails I would receive from the system, other than new applications.

Esteffano

Reply #10

Ummm... Notifications from boards, topics, etc.?

Reply #11

Quote from: Esteffano – Good point @Burke_Knight
But I wonder what other mails I would receive from the system, other than new applications.

Esteffano
Are there any boards the Admin account(s) have selected to receive email notifications for? Do they get those?

Have the Admin accounts deselected Email notifications?

Reply #12

I need to check with the main admin. I am not running the forum myself, only as a sidekick/support.
Will get you the answers by tomorrow.

Thank you.

Reply #13

Try this:
- create (or use an existing ) test account using a mail address from https://www.mail-tester.com/
- send a PM to that account
- go check your spam score to mail-tester
Let us know your spam score
sorry for my bad english

Reply #14

Quote from: Esteffano – I need to check with the main admin. I am not running the forum myself, only as a sidekick/support.
Will get you the answers by tomorrow.

Thank you.

I just remembered this ... check board permissions... email runs at the guest permission level. If a board's guest member group access permission is set to "Deny", that also kills email for that board. If you don't want guests to access the board, but email to work, you'll have to set permissions (what they can do, if anything in or for a particular board) in the guest member group permissions settings, and set guest permissions in the board permissions (for each board that you want email to support), to "allow". 

EDIT: "Further investigation" (meaning I went back and looked at my use cases in detail :rolling_eyes:) reveals that the "Guest" denied ( [X] or [D] )setting in a board does not stop emails from being sent to members who have elected to receive them after all, it stops emailed replies (RBE) from getting posted, or at the least generates an email back to the member saying the reply failed to post (even if it did post) - one of those two events will happen depending on other permission settings.

So, this Guest thing doesn't sound like it fits the described issue here (no emails being SENT).  "Apologies for the interruption".. :pensive:
Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 12:22:24 pm by Steeley