Skip to main content
Topic: Show off your Elks! (Read 16623 times) previous topic - next topic

Show off your Elks!

I am curious and I would like to see how ElkArte is used, so... feel free to show what you are doing with it! ;D

Conditions of the registration agreement stands:
QuoteYou agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International[1] or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
This is a bit wide TBH, but... heh. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Show off your Elks!

Reply #1

I'll begin the show: http://www.elkarte.it/
As of now (Feb 20th, 2014) it's still empty, not sure what I'll do with it. Most likely I'll use to experiment with mods and stuff (do not waste time registering, I'm pretty sure sooner or later I'll break it :P).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Maybe use it as italian support forum for ElkArte?

Mine is used by a small group of gamers at 30+ of age. But I want to work a bit on the theme before I represent it here.  ;)

Reply #3

mine is still using elkarte vanilla, nothing changed. this is just a small forum for my friends. but I'm interested to integrate it to 1 of my blog if there is a bridge or starting a new forum in a niche.
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #4

Just about done with mine, did some minor  :P
All I have to do is make a logo, your thoughts would be great here.
Link is sig

Reply #5

Nice theme & colors..
Only thing I'd change : the category colors (the text is dark on dark background, not good for my eyes). That's probably for guest only, because the category isn't hyperlinked then.

Some questions:
Is it a full theme or a variant?
How  many hours did you spend on that theme?
Was is harder / easier than building an SMF theme?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #6

I was thinking about the changing the category text color to a light gray. It was much easier then making a theme for SMF, although I just basically did css edits. I would say all together is took me about 3 hours to put it all together and it's a full theme I can make a download of it for others to use.

Reply #8

Great! :D

On the colors, one thing I usually use is this: http://gmazzocato.altervista.org/colorwheel/wheel.php there is also another site I mentioned, but don't remember where I put the link... :-[
Both are tools designed to test the accessibility, this one in particular is focused on helping in support WCGA accessibility guidelines for the different kinds of color blindness.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Quote from: Jorin – Mine is used by a small group of gamers at 30+ of age. But I want to work a bit on the theme before I represent it here.  ;)

There it is, with a blue variation of ElkArte Light:

http://www.fairflixxt.de

Made some changes in index.css and changed the board icons. Just one little problem: When you move the mouse over a posters name in a topic, the color of the name changes. I can't find the place in the css file?!?

Oh, wow! Pressed STRG+B by mistake. ElkArte made a [b][/b] out of this! Great!  :o  :D

Reply #11

You still have the green one for guests! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

f..k!  :o  ::)

Set it as default now.  O:-)

Reply #13

Great! :D

The green on the name is given by:
Code: [Select]
.avatar .linklevel1, .avatar:hover .linklevel1, .avatar .linklevel1:focus, .name.linklevel1, .name.linklevel1:hover, .name.linklevel1:focus {
line 610 of index_light.css. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

I'm just curious, are there any other websites using Elkarte?
sorry for my bad english