Skip to main content
Topic: forbidden BBCode allowed in signatures - possible? (Read 2404 times) previous topic - next topic

forbidden BBCode allowed in signatures - possible?

I found something that I hated in SMF. ElkArte does this the same way. It would be great if you'd think about it and maybe change this:

If you forbid the IMG code for postings, it can't be used in signatures too. But what if I want to prevent users from integrate pictures (made by others) in their posts BUT at the same time it should be possible to use pictures in their signatures (for example banners, buttons or such)?

There's no solution at this moment.  :(

Re: forbidden BBCode allowed in signatures - possible?

Reply #1

hmm... interesting approach.
I think the general idea is/was that if you forbid something in the messages, it means you don't want to see it in signatures as well, but apparently is not always like that.

The "tricky" thing about that one is (as usual) parse_bbc: in order to speed up things, parse_bbc "caches" with a static variable the codes to be used during a page, do this would require a double round of checking all the bbcodes. It may require a slight re-think of parse_bbc to avoid some useless cycle.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Iirc parse_BBC recognizes when it's being called from a signature, so you can add a permission check to post img tags in either situation.

Reply #3

Me?  :o