Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.0 Final - Release announcement (Read 11139 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte 1.0 Final - Release announcement

Reply #15

Congratulations !
sorry for my bad english

Reply #16

Two questions:

Whats FOSS

and what is the point of code naming a software? I've seen so and you guys do this,  but I never understood the point. Is it for license purposes or something? :P

Reply #17

FOSS is: Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)  This is computer software that can be classified as both free software and open source software. That is, anyone is freely licensed to use, copy, study, and change the software in any way, and the source code is openly shared so that people are encouraged to voluntarily improve the design of the software. This is in contrast to proprietary software, where the software is under some restrictions such as copyright,  source code, or part there of,  being hidden from the users, development is hidden from the users, bug fixes until released are hidden from the users, etc ... http://freeopensourcesoftware.org  So basically what you see on github is all that we have.

Quoteand what is the point of code naming a software
It serves no real purpose, its was just having some fun, besides there are wombats in the code.  We actually never use the codename in discussions :P 

Reply #19

emanuele waits for the big part on the Wombat day! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #20

Quote from: Spuds – FOSS is: Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)  This is computer software that can be classified as both free software and open source software. That is, anyone is freely licensed to use, copy, study, and change the software in any way, and the source code is openly shared so that people are encouraged to voluntarily improve the design of the software. This is in contrast to proprietary software, where the software is under some restrictions such as copyright,  source code, or part there of,  being hidden from the users, development is hidden from the users, bug fixes until released are hidden from the users, etc ... http://freeopensourcesoftware.org  So basically what you see on github is all that we have.

Quoteand what is the point of code naming a software
It serves no real purpose, its was just having some fun, besides there are wombats in the code.  We actually never use the codename in discussions :P 

Finally,  the world makes sense now.  :)

Thanks for explaining that to me! :D

Reply #21

Congrats!!