Skip to main content
Topic: Multihomed Boards (Read 2166 times) previous topic - next topic

Multihomed Boards

Hey @all,
is it possible to configure ElkArte to run on more than one Domain ? I have a Forum which is accessible from more than one Domain, and like to have this on ElkArte as well ? I haven't found any Topics about this.

Thanks & best Regards
Nifty

Re: Multihomed Boards

Reply #1

Do you mean same content presented on multiple domains?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Yes.

Reply #4

The multi-sub forum is to create different sub-forums with different content, that's why I asked. ;)
If you want the same content, you can't do it without some tweak here and there (at the moment I'm not able to quantify them) because all the URLs (themes, images, etc.) will be different (unless you setup a common domain for them and that could make sense indeed, a 3rd domain used to serve the assets), so there should be to hook into the theme loading to replace all the URLs with the correct one. What's left are $boarddir and maybe other minor stuff.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Ok, Thanks.

It was only a question of time until i had to write my first Elkarte Addon ;)

Reply #6

Shouldn't really be hard. When you loadTheme() find 'init_theme' hook and just change the urls. Your web server will need to be configured to point to a common set of files though.

Reply #7

Actually you can run multiple domains with the same content using the said addon (though you may be penalized). Just select the same category. ;)