Skip to main content
Topic: 2 forums, 1 userbase... (Read 4650 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2 forums, 1 userbase...

Reply #15

Quote from: Flavio93Zena (#OpIsis) – I thought about sub-forums, but it seems he is asking for something quite different, I may be wrong though :)

Well, that believe is actually wrong. You can have two same forum with different domain or subdomain. You only need to choose the same category(ies) and group(s) if you want the same group(s) to have access to it.

Reply #16

I'm not sure what you mean... ???
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

The original idea is to make two forum with one database, right? I have involved in discussions in various topics while in SMF until feline come with the solution of subforums mod. She took and implement the idea so that (sub)forums could have identical or separate forums based on categories accesible from various domain or subdomains. So yes, MESFA, a derivative of it, can run two similar or separate forum with single database.

Reply #18

@ahrasis, in my case, it'd only be the members, not all the data, so not too sure if this would work.
However, let them register at both, if they want. Easier that way, in the long run....LOL

Reply #19

Then, you should read all the caveats already discussed and summarized in SMF first.

I wish you a very good luck though luck got nothing to do with this user database sharing.