Skip to main content
Topic: Email notifications (Read 2532 times) previous topic - next topic

Email notifications

Hi there!

I have a brand new board set up but it seems email notifications doesn't work for me. My new board is this one:

http://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php

I have the correct email registered for my admin account, and the webmaster field, I don't get any email notifications when I should. The emails, if they are sent out, don't end up in the spam folder either.

Thank in advance for any help you can give me! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Re: Email notifications

Reply #1

Just took at the site (cool look BTW) ...

Assuming everything is set up right, notifications enabled etc etc, I don't think the system will send a notification for your own post.  So for testing be sure to have another account you post from and see if your main account gets the notification.

Reply #2

Star Trek? I like it.

By the way, are using php or smtp for your mail config? If you are using php and it used to work before, it should be working again just fine. May be it just like what @Spuds noted.

Using SMTP will depends on your settings though.

Reply #3

Right, it might not just be my own board, since I never got any email notification on these two replies in this thread either!

It's so odd, since I have my email address right and everything...

Thanks for this, and I will look deeper into it, but if anyone has more ideas on what could be wrong, I am all ears!

Reply #4

Just to be sure: with email notifications, do you mean only those sent for replies to topics, or also for personal messages?
And what about newsletters?

Are you using php mail or SMTP? And do you use the mail queue?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

QuoteJust to be sure: with email notifications, do you mean only those sent for replies to topics, or also for personal messages?
And what about newsletters?
All kinds of notifications. I get no notifications at all from my new board, nor does my test users. I never got a notification from this thread either, but the email of mine is correct.

QuoteAre you using php mail or SMTP?
I have tried to set up STMP, but please, tell me what do do and where? :)

QuoteAnd do you use the mail queue?
I have no idea what you mean, then again, I am a Swede, so there might be a language barrier. :)

Reply #6

How do I configure the contact emaiI of the forum? I need to configure the sender emaiI of my elkarte board, in other words. Where do I do that?

Reply #7

A friend of mine said the email might be set during installation. He said I might try to change first user created email also. I can't find it in the admin section on the board... Quote:

QuoteYour solutions :
- SMTP settings : require SSL support in elkarte OR SMTP account on 25 port without SSL
- PHP EmaiI : require sender emaiI of the forum AND the forum cannot exchange emaiIs directly between members (sender or recipient must match admin AT uss-theurgy.com
Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:42:55 am by Auctor Lucan

Reply #8

Quote from: Auctor Lucan – How do I configure the contact emaiI of the forum? I need to configure the sender emaiI of my elkarte board, in other words. Where do I do that?
In admin > configuration > server settings.

I feel like what is in the quote is some kind of specific server configuration?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.