Skip to main content
Topic: Favicon (Read 4467 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Favicon

Reply #15

@emanuele

Deleted the favicon.ico, no luck. Just to update, I'm getting the square favicon in which is writte ElkArte and not the deer one. Surprisingly enough, even without clearing cache, I'm getting the correct favicon, but, only when I'm logged in (at least in my own account).

@radu81

Please, read. I've clearly mentioned that the cache and cookies are cleared.

Thanks to others for posting too.

Reply #16

Okay... well, honestly I don't know what is going on...
I still think it's a kind of cache (could it be you have a bookmark?), the logged in part may be that if you have enabled the number of notifications in the favicon, then the javascript re-creates on-the-fly the favicon serving it to the browser not from the icon path, but from within the javascript and may provide the correct one.
Just last try, put the mobile.png in the root of the forum (starting from 1.1 is the default to have it in the root).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

I've had a similar problem on Joomla even after deleting the browser's cache, if you can try with another browser.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #18

@emanuele

Well, yeah, the post login thing seems to be true. And, uploading the mobile.png to the root of the domain didn't work. I was getting a blank page icon instead of any icon (on desktop, and the same square ElkArte icon on the mobile). However, if I delete that again, the thing seems to be normal (the square logo of ElkArte  is visible everywhere). So, I guess, my favicon is visible at least when a user logs in. That should be fine.