Skip to main content
Topic: Zeroes Disappear When I Update a Post or Reply (Read 1644 times) previous topic - next topic

Zeroes Disappear When I Update a Post or Reply

I have noticed that whenever I edit and update a post, any zeros (0) that where in the original post disappears.

For example if I create a post or reply that has the number 203077 in it, it displays well the first time the post is published but if, after publishing I go and edit using "quick edit" or "Modify" and then save it, the zeros in the original number disappear leaving behind 2377 instead of 203077. So every time I edit, I have to edit again and put back the zeros.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't remember changing any setting relating to this so I wonder what might be the cause.

Also any idea how I might fix this?

Thanks all!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Zeroes Disappear When I Update a Post or Reply

Reply #1

Quote from: hitokiri – I have noticed that whenever I edit and update a post, any zeros (0) that where in the original post disappears.

For example if I create a post or reply that has the number 203077 in it, it displays well the first time the post is published but if, after publishing I go and edit using "quick edit" or "Modify" and then save it, the zeros in the original number disappear leaving behind 2377 instead of 203077. So every time I edit, I have to edit again and put back the zeros.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't remember changing any setting relating to this so I wonder what might be the cause.

Also any idea how I might fix this?

Thanks all!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm not able to reproduce...

ElkArte 1.1.6, Stock install (no add-ons) Apache over Linux with php 7.2.

(No biggy - zeros are just placeholders for missing real data anyway.. ) :D
Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 09:10:41 pm by Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #2

Quote from: Steeley – I'm not able to reproduce...

ElkArte 1.1.6, Stock install (no add-ons) Apache over Linux with php 7.2.

(No biggy - zeros are just placeholders for missing real data anyway.. ) :D
Thanks for your time I appreciate

Reply #3

Do you have any rule set in Censored words?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

Quote from: radu81 – Do you have any rule set in Censored words?

Filters? HTML Enabled?

Reply #5

Thanks everyone. It's solved. It seems it was being caused by a package I installed. After I removed some packages that were not useful to me or not working, the problem stopped.

Reply #6

Quote from: hitokiri – Thanks everyone. It's solved. It seems it was being caused by a package I installed. After I removed some packages that were not useful to me or not working, the problem stopped.

Way cool..  could you let us know what they were in case someone else shows up wondering why his zeros end up in the bit-bucket?

Reply #7

I was able to detect that the plugin which caused this issue is:

RSS Feed Poster at https://addons.elkarte.net/feature/RSS-Feed-Poster.html

Uninstalling it solved the issue
Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 09:58:20 am by hitokiri

Reply #8

Thanks for the heads up hitokiri.. might be worth punching the "issues" button on that link, if that is indeed a bug or collusion (and not an install gone awry.. which we don't know yet), and flagging the symptoms. That behavior is obscure enough for nobody to have encountered it yet, much less noticed it, if it's a genuine bug. 

(You don't have my add-on "Steeley's Simple Compression" also installed do you? That reduces memory consumption about 50% by eliminating placeholder zeros in compressed RAM. Never did get the decompression/execution part of that to work right...)  :D 
Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:28:13 pm by Steeley