Skip to main content
Topic: Re: attachmentz (Read 16573 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from attachmentz

Re: Re: attachmentz

Reply #30

Quote from: Spuds – That is looking better, thanks for testing, the change will be in the next update.
Just want to say I'm really looking forward to that change. As it is now, it's painful to browse the site for me. I'm using the old default (light) variant, by the way.

Also on that matter, just as I opened the site I got a mixture of two variants and it didn't go away for a good while. I tried a hard refresh and changing the variant but it was the same until it turned back to normal at some point without me doing anything other than browsing the site. Now as I hit the Preview button on quick reply to attach a screenshot, the problem is back. It seems to be something related to caching.

Reply #31

Quote from: [SiNaN] –
Quote from: Spuds – That is looking better, thanks for testing, the change will be in the next update.
Just want to say I'm really looking forward to that change. As it is now, it's painful to browse the site for me. I'm using the old default (light) variant, by the way.
I did update things, but only for the demi-bold weight font ... I think you are indicating that you want that for the OSx font in general?  If so as an experiment I just added that setting to the body tag so let me know how that works.
Quote from: [SiNaNAlso on that matter, just as I opened the site I got a mixture of two variants and it didn't go away for a good while. I tried a hard refresh and changing the variant but it was the same until it turned back to normal at some point without me doing anything other than browsing the site. Now as I hit the Preview button on quick reply to attach a screenshot, the problem is back. It seems to be something related to caching.
@emanuele found the bug with that so I patched the site and turned the cache back on, looks like it fixed the issue (now I've jinxed us !)

Reply #32

I was actually talking about this part:

Code: [Select]
/* Use demi bold font weight for some key areas */
.codeheader, .quoteheader,
.expand_pages,
.table_head>th,
.topic_sorting_row>h3, .topic_name h4 a,
.poster .name,
.keyinfo h5 a, .keyinfo h5 a strong,
.ui-tabs .ui-tabs-nav .ui-state-active a, .ui-tabs .ui-tabs-nav .ui-state-active,
.ui-dialog .ui-dialog-titlebar,
.popup_heading {
    font-weight: 600;
-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
    font-family: "Segoe UI Semibold", "Helvetica Neue Medium";
}

Just add "Helvetica Neue" as the third option as a fallback, since those two isn't recognized, at least for me. Also, that antialiasing thing might be better if only used for that part as well and not for the body tag. The site feels blurry otherwise.

The cache issue seems to be fixed, at least for now. ;)

Re: attachmentz

Reply #33

Done real time ... any better now?

Reply #34

Yeah, it's looking good now. Thanks!

Reply #35

Spuds, I was thinking: instead of using a "real div", why not use javascript instead?
Code: [Select]
$('select').wrap('<div class="styled-select"></div>');
should be enough and simplify the markup and maintenance.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #36

We sure could, and I thought about "fixing" the select boxes with JS to begin with.

For that to work you also, in addition to the wrap,  have to turn off some other select box css but all that could be done as well.  I just felt, right or wrong, that having those things css based would just respond / feel better on the page load (since the box will change somewhat in size you get one of those pages that moves on load).

There is also the non JS problem, should we want the page to render OK without it, non styled selects need positional tweaks to get them to align depending on where they are used.  So if those are added back in, even wrapping them in the style would require other tweaks on the wrapping to get them to align as well.