Skip to main content
Topic: Feature request: Detect pop up blockers (Read 6041 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: Detect pop up blockers

Can we please add a feature to detect pop up blockers, and have the administrative option to warn the user or limit browsing?

Re: Feature request: Detect pop up blockers

Reply #1

I don't think this will be in the core, but would be a great addon ...

Reply #2

pop up or ads?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Are you asking for a feature where users will be notified  of blocking ads in the forum just like we see in WordPress?

We have detected you are using an adblocker kindly disable it, something like this?

Reply #4

a simple way to do it is to use blockadblock.com or any similar script. Create a block in Sportal and enable it on all pages
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Quote from: Jason – Are you asking for a feature where users will be notified  of blocking ads in the forum just like we see in WordPress?

We have detected you are using an adblocker kindly disable it, something like this?
Exactly this.

Reply #6

Quote from: radu81 – a simple way to do it is to use blockadblock.com or any similar script. Create a block in Sportal and enable it on all pages
Thank you, I will play with this.  The challenge for me is to make the block invisible/hidden.