Skip to main content
Topic: Showing the last 100 picture attachments on a Simpleportal page or frontpage (Read 2080 times) previous topic - next topic

Showing the last 100 picture attachments on a Simpleportal page or frontpage

Hi,
I am looking for some PHP code I could paste into the Frontpage of Elkarte / SimplePortal
to display the last 100 attachments as thumbnails and if this thumbnail or link below the thumbnail is clicked,
it should redirect to the froum page, where this attachment was posted...

Has anybody written something like this ?
Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

Re: Showing the last 100 picture attachments on a Simpleportal page or frontpage

Reply #1

Hi, Stefan!

Maybe you can use one of the SimplePortal-Blocks for this, called "random images" (Aktuelle Bilder).
 I am using this block in my forum with 5 images and I think, the number of pictures is not limited.

But this block shows the pictures just in a single line, would be less space for 100 pictures.
Maybe with some changing in the SP-files it will work the way you want it.

Re: Showing the last 100 picture attachments on a Simpleportal page or frontpage

Reply #2

Thanks for this info Ruth,
can you please post a link to your elkarte Forum, so I can have a look at it ?
Also I saw, that in SimplePortal there is a gallery mod support... but I guess one
has to install an optional gallery mode ? Which one ?`
Many thanks...
Well my SimplePortal on my test site is not working....with version 1.1.1 and SP in 1.0.0.RC1

You can even see the posting, when it is in Maintenance mode:

https://dasalteberlin.de/index.php?topic=4.0

P.S. This is only a test site, not yet built up fully...

Reply #3

The SimplePortal is not finished yet for 1.1.1, as I believe, so it does not work proper in your forum.
My forum still runs with ElkArte 1.0.10 and SimplePortal 1.0.0 Beta 1, the old version of the portal.

A link to my forum would be senseless, because you cannot see those blocks as a guest. ;)

But I add a few screenshots for you.

You can choose, if you want to show the  name of the image, the poster and the topic, or not. This are all links, and the last one will lead you to the topic.

Reply #4

Danke für die Info Ruth.
Ich werde mal den Patch probieren von
https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1399.msg35511#msg35511
für Elkarte 1.1.1 und SP 1.00RC1

Mal sehen ob es dann geht...
Aonsonten machst Du auch Ahnenforschung ? Prima !
Ich habe auch noch ne Webseite dazu mit SMF, die ich auch auf Elkarte konvertieren will:
http://www.deutscheahnen.de

P.S. Ruth, kannst aber trotzdem mal Deine URL posten, vielleicht melde ich mich ja mal an, wenn man das darf... ;)
Gruss, Stefan.

Reply #5

Ahnenforschung betreibe ich selber nicht, ich weiß von der Hälfte meiner Familie praktisch gar nichts - fände ich aber interessant. Ein Mitglied in unserem Forum beschäftigt sich etwas damit.

Bei uns geht es schwerpunktmäßig um das Sammeln von antikem Spielzeug, wie Puppen, Puppenstuben, Teddybären etc., daneben auch um das Selbermachen von solchen Dingen. Ich schicke dir den Link per PM. Ich betreibe noch ein zweites Forum, das derzeit noch ein SMF-Forum ist. Da geht es um Meerschweinchen. ;)

Mit den Änderungen, die Emanuele  gepostet hat, sollte das Portal mit der 1.1.1 jetzt eigentlich laufen.

Reply #6

Please use english language in this board so anyone reading this can understand and help. If you want to chat in german you can do this in the german support section. Thanks!  :)

Reply #7

Sorry, Jorin.

Almost always I answer automatically in the language, I read before - even in the german section, if someone was posting in english. ;) Or I write in both languages, to get understood.

But this here was just unimportant chatting...and I don't know an english word for "Ahnenforschung"...maybe "genealogical research"?

Reply #8

No problem, Ruth.  ;)

Reply #9

Sorry, yes, let´s keep english here, so Ruth just said one user is doing ancestor research in her forum, but most of them do collect old antique toys and how to build them yourself...