Skip to main content
Topic: Setting a small shop with Simplecart JS (Read 1699 times) previous topic - next topic

Setting a small shop with Simplecart JS

I would like to set a small shop for my community, but I don't want to use one of the available e-commerce solutions since I have only 4 items to sell and only available for a small period of time. Once this was possible to do it with paypal buttons, but now require a premium account. I found Simplecart JS http://simplecartjs.org/ a cart solution without database which I already used in the past

What I cannot do this time is calculate total price including shippings, I have 4 items:
  • Item 1, price 2€, shippings 1€
  • Item 2, price 2€, shippings 1€
  • Item 3, price 2€, shippings 1€
  • Item 4, price 5€, shippings 7€

combining item 1,2,3 the shippig price should always be 1€, but if item 4 is added the shippings value should always be 7€, doesn't matter how many items I add into cart. Is this possible to achieve with simplecart js? I attach a copy of the files I'd like to use (not my creation, downloaded from some time ago)

Edit attachment removed
Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:48:50 am by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Re: Setting a small shop with Simplecart JS

Reply #1

You know if you need nothing much, you can make a sale page simply using a post or SP page. It is a matter of how the post / page is displayed and may be that post index page too. Just a thought.

Re: Setting a small shop with Simplecart JS

Reply #2

I think I almost did it, i used a checkbox where the user can  choose which type of shipping, not  the  way I wanted but it works. That script page will be ”embedded" into a SP page ;)
I don't need to index the cart page since it will be available only for registered members.
sorry for my bad english