Skip to main content
Topic: Working on new home page (Read 6791 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Working on new home page

Reply #15

^^ That reminds me of the 60s and a trip! :P
Interesting concept, but probably that background should be limited to the header or a limited space. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Always open to suggestions :)

That's the reason I posted the alternative.

Reply #18

Check the adminforum thread on ElkArte's new home page design. There is a surprise in waiting. ;)

Reply #19

Taken live here

Reply #20

Nice layout  :D

I think we still need to work on the wording in the boxes but thats easy enough, I do like the lead in text of the boxes and the icons.

Love the commit widget that you found on git, thats much nicer than the current text box.

We may want to consider two things.  One is that none of the text really says what ElkArte is, the closest is the Mobile box but nothing says its a forum / community software?  The second is when you go on mobile, which box do we want to show first, right now its the Mobile one, and again it does not lead off with "about us" or "what it is"

Just my thoughts.

Reply #21

What's the community decision on the new home page ?

Reply #22

I'm pretty sure there was a live version and not only the image, but I can't find the url... or am I dreaming? :-[
There are a couple of misalignments and I agree with Spuds the text needs some work, oh, and while we are talking, just to stay on the safe side, where does the image of the header come from? I would avoid using material without permission. ;) Just asking, not implying anything, but I think it's worth asking. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

Here is the live page :)

http://adminforum.in/elkarte/

The header image, I remember was available for both commercial and personal use under creative common license. But since almost a month has passed I cannot confirm it is so. I will be happy if someone can suggest an image or we can use linear gradient instead.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Reply #24

Looks pretty bad on mobile. Galaxy S5 chrome

Reply #25

Your grid looks a little messed up. Your logo is not aligned with the content. On mobile devices it would be good if the grid had around 100% as you're wasting space on both sides :)

Reply #26

I'm not really feeling the design. The massive amounts of verbiage makes it look strewn and unorganized. The icons look more like decorations than representations. The language needs a proofing pass and some massive rewrites in places (the whole justification for free is undeserving of Elk, comparing this project to another just waters down the substance of this one). And the layout suffers from misalignment issues.

Reply #27

Plus, Firefox is **** <.<
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~