Skip to main content
Topic: [Theme] Lattice (Read 13635 times) previous topic - next topic

[Theme] Lattice

Another theme that I made for testing, in this case I was testing the sprite creator script so I needed something different then the default.  I found a couple of errors with the sprite script and those fixes are in the tools repo so it was worth it!  Actually I only checked a couple of the sprite generation functions, if I was better at themes, I could have checked more :P

Attached is the theme I used for some testing etc, feel free to use it as you want, there may be some areas that are not complete, like any themes you get from me  O:-)

See it in action here: http://themes.spudsdesign.com/index.php?theme=8

Download it here: http://themes.elkarte.net/mimic/Lattice.html
Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:50:11 am by Spuds

Re: [Theme] Lattice

Reply #1

Great looking theme.

Reply #2

Awesome theme :D

One minor issue - active menu tab in sidebar is not visible (wrong font color).

Reply #3

Its style looks similar to some studio na SMF  :-X

It actually is a good theme for custom works of EA members, as the layout is really nice.

Reply #4

Quote from: CrimeS – Its style looks similar to some studio na SMF  :-X
I always worry about releasing any themes since there is very often some similarity with some layout or color palette, or  :(  ... , be it from smf, mybb, phpbb, xen, etc.   I look at lots of layouts and try and come up with my own twist on things which is what I did here (actually it was inspired from a WP theme).  Anyway for now I've removed the file to avoid any issue, if someone wants a copy  just let me know.

Reply #5

Quote from: Spuds – ...there is very often some similarity with some layout or color palette, or ...

It seems almost inevitable that there is some similarity...

Quote from: Spuds – Anyway for now I've removed the file to avoid any issue...

Why? It is your theme and it's special, you didn't  just copy it. Is "inspiration" forbidden?

Reply #6

I just meant that the style is similar to the one of dzinerstudio, anyway that's just my impression. I'm not saying you copied something :)

It is a really good theme.

Reply #7

Well it would have been hard to "copy" since they don't have Elk themes (yet, but I do hope they do at some point !) But I see what you are saying.  It also looks a lot like some other stock forum themes IMO.  I needed something for testing plus I figured it would help others see how easy it was to change the look with very little css and index.template changes.

Quote from: Ruth –
Quote from: Spuds – ...there is very often some similarity with some layout or color palette, or ...

It seems almost inevitable that there is some similarity...

Quote from: Spuds – Anyway for now I've removed the file to avoid any issue...

Why? It is your theme and it's special, you didn't  just copy it. Is "inspiration" forbidden?
Thank you for that, and I agree 100% :D

Anyway no worries, I did not intend to step on anyone's toes or give the appearance of any theme impropriety.  It helped me find an error in my sprite script, so its all  8)

Reply #8

I'd say that this theme might kick off some cool custom work, as it has a good layout and looks to be vulnerable for some good editing :)

Reply #9

LOL .. hey I never said I was a themer, but if you want excess markup to accomplish something, I'm you div container man !

Lattice theme download

Reply #10

Is Lattice theme by @Spuds available for download ?

Reply #11

I'll update the first post today, need to fix a couple of things

Reply #14

Don't worry, I had not forgotten :D ... just been a bit busy!  Will get to it :promise:

Added it, I think its updated for 1.0.1/1.0.2 but I may have missed a few spots, this was originally done as a test on RC2 :P
Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:11:22 pm by Spuds