Skip to main content
Topic: Downloads are broken (Read 2777 times) previous topic - next topic

Downloads are broken

Hi,

Seems your downloads are... um, broken. The downloads from Elkarte.net and Github do not have the install folder. Thus, it results in a broken Elkarte install.

Your development copy has the install folder and I was able to install that in our local-only dev environment... so maybe you guys should look into that. Just so you know.

Re: Downloads are broken

Reply #1

Nope. The install directory (in 1.0) is not supposed to be present, there is only install.php in the root and in the package downloaded from the home seems to be there.

There is actually a bug (i.e. the install.php version was not updated...), but the installation works just fine on my localhost.

Different discussion for the development version (aka 1.1), in that case the install is supposed to happen inside the install directory, so when a beta/stable version will be released the install directory will be there, otherwise the install will be buggy.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Quote from: emanuele – Nope. The install directory (in 1.0) is not supposed to be present, there is only install.php in the root and in the package downloaded from the home seems to be there.

There is actually a bug (i.e. the install.php version was not updated...), but the installation works just fine on my localhost.

Different discussion for the development version (aka 1.1), in that case the install is supposed to happen inside the install directory, so when a beta/stable version will be released the install directory will be there, otherwise the install will be buggy.

Then... that begs the very obvious question: Why does attempting to install the stable version result in failure?

It seems to be insisting on asking for the install directory. If present, then it asks for index.php. If that is given, it then indicates that the language files are missing.

Very strange... I even verified the downloads.

Reply #3

Before posting I went to the home:
http://www.elkarte.net/
downloaded from the "download" link the package, and did an install. It went all the way through without any issue... :-\

Where are you downloading the file from?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele – Before posting I went to the home:
http://www.elkarte.net/
downloaded from the "download" link the package, and did an install. It went all the way through without any issue... :-\

Where are you downloading the file from?

Same thing. Hmm... I'll try again and see if it's just me... I find it odd, though. But I digress.

I'll report back ASAP.

Reply #5

I just installed the package from the link in home page a couple of days back, I confirm it works, tested on localhost and on a shared hosting
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

So I just went through the download source, unzip and install process... and it works juuuust fine.

Odd. Must've been a fluke or something... I don't know. Or I suppose I was talking out of my booty.

Reply #7

ROFL!
Better a false positive than a false negative! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.