Skip to main content
Topic: Unsure if it's a bug? (Read 23676 times) previous topic - next topic

Unsure if it's a bug?

And unsure how to troubleshoot or reliably replicate it. 1.1.5 install. If there are any attachment errors, post data is lost. Yes, an error message is provided (example file stat something or other). Also yes, a draft is saved, but that isn't obvious to an average user. It would be desirable for post text to succeed regardless of attachment errors. Users may always edit to attempt attachment issue correction. It would be instinctive in the event of an attachment failure. 

Anyway, does anyone have troubleshooting suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Unsure if it's a bug?

Reply #1

hmm... can you post a screen of the error please?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Quote from: emanuele – hmm... can you post a screen of the error please?

Be glad to, if I can catch it in the act again. Oh, the filesize error displays filepath info as well. Not sure that's a good thing either if normal users can see it.

Reply #3

Here is the error:

filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/web.....

Reply #4

I thought I mentioned this in another post where the fix was missed? Or is it another bug?

Reply #5

Quote from: ahrasis – I thought I mentioned this in another post where the fix was missed? Or is it another bug?

Good question. I recall something similar. All Elk code is current. Error aside, it isn't desirable losing post text in the event of an attachment error. 

Reply #7

Hhmm....in full disclosure, the setup uses php 7.3 (though it occurs when falling back to 7.0), opcache, apcu, nginx 1.15.5, mariadb 10.3.10

Reply #8

Could you get a copy of the file that the user is trying to upload (the one that causes the attachment error)

The filesize() error just means its trying to get the size of a file that, for one reason or another, did not "make it" to the server.  You also use the attachment image resize addon? So that could be in play here as well.

Reply #9

Quote from: Spuds – Could you get a copy of the file that the user is trying to upload (the one that causes the attachment error)

The filesize() error just means its trying to get the size of a file that, for one reason or another, did not "make it" to the server.  You also use the attachment image resize addon? So that could be in play here as well.

It's happened to me. Sometimes the second attempt is successful. Yes, I use the resize addon.  

Reply #10

I'm still experiencing this issue. It's unfortunate there isn't more information to report, yet. It simply seems to occur at random. The same image may fail a couple or three times, then inexplicably decide to work. Ideas? What needs to be checked?

Reply #11

I keep checking on this as I really think it has something to do with the attachment resize addon .... I just have not come across the right set of conditions :( ... but it really has to be something in that addon (and why I just want to make it part of the core in 2.0 since it has to kind of "hot wire" the attachment code to work right now.

Reply #12

Quote from: Spuds – I keep checking on this as I really think it has something to do with the attachment resize addon .... I just have not come across the right set of conditions :( ... but it really has to be something in that addon (and why I just want to make it part of the core in 2.0 since it has to kind of "hot wire" the attachment code to work right now.

Seems you're right! I finally caught this specimen in the error log:

File: /home/www/web3/web/sources/subs/Air_Resize.subs.php

Line: 371

Reply #13

Something to look at, thanks!

Reply #14

Due to the sporadic nature of the error, this isn't 100% proven. Anecdotal observation suggests this happens when using the inline image functionality in conjunction with image resizing mod. Just to include more possible troubleshooting info.