Skip to main content
Topic: Keycaptcha (Read 3302 times) previous topic - next topic

Keycaptcha

I think this is one of the best anti-spam mods around, I use it on all forums I have. I think it would be a great addition here as extra security.

Re: Keycaptcha

Reply #1

I agree. I was having a major spam bot problem on one of my forums and as soon as I activated keycaptcha, the problem was no more.

Reply #2

I hope I didn't step on any toes but I went ahead and open a ticket on keycaptcha about a plugin for ElkArte, they got back to me right away and said they would make an attempt next week to get one going.

Reply #3

The one at https://github.com/emanuele45/are_you_human is a demo I wrote to explain how to create new verification systems for ElkArte.
It's not the cleanest code (for one there is no documentation lol), but should give at least the general idea.
Whoever is going to work on it may find it somehow useful. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Keycaptcha has responded to my ticket and wants me to test out the plugin before he releases it. Right now it's just the files with no extensions. I will get this tested sometime today and report back to him. If anyone else would like to test pm an email address and I will send it to you.

Reply #5

this was quick :) PM sent :)

Reply #6

Just going to post the zip for others to make it easier. Just remember there is no install yet from what I was told on the site.
Here is what was described to do the install

QuoteTo install it you should
1 backup original files:
/sources/admin/ManageSecurity.controller.php
/sources/subs/VerificationControls.class.php
/themes/default/languages/english/Errors.english.php
/themes/default/languages/english/ManageSettings.english.php
/themes/default/VerificationControls.template.php

2 unpack package to the root of your forum (with replacing existing files)
3 Go to Admin>Configuration>Security and moderation>Anti-spam
fill in "Private key" field and check "Enable KeyCAPTCHA verification" in KeyCAPTCHA settings.

Reply #7

I reported the errors I received back to keycaptcha, if you have any please post them to I can add them as well.

Reply #8

I'm still waiting for password reminder email... :|

Reply #9

I didn't have that problem, everything worked as far as user side. I did get some errors in the logs though.

Reply #10

Heard back from KeyCaptcha and we modified one of the files that was producing the bug. I have attached the new version here for others to test. I didn't receive any errors when registering new members to test. Again there is no installer yet so you have to ftp the files liked listed above.

Reply #11

Sorry to bring up an old post but @Spuds posted a link to the package with hooks attached here http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3259.msg23245#msg23245

Also Keycaptcha now has Elkarte listed in the software to choose from, and how to install and setup the addon.