Skip to main content
Topic: [INTEGRATION] DocuWiki (Read 3212 times) previous topic - next topic

[INTEGRATION] DocuWiki

This is a basic ElkArte authentication plugin for DokuWiki.

It provides DocuWiki user authentication against your ElkArte MySQL database.  It allows you to login to DocuWiki with your current ElkArte credentials.  It will also show the current ElkArte user / group listing inside of DocuWiki.  Todo is if you are already logged into ElkArte and allow access, for now you need to login (again) to DocuWiki.

ElkArte Auth Plugin

License
BSD http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause

Introduction
This plugin requires access to the ElkArte MySQL database. See the configuration and settings section below for further information.

If you install this plugin manually, make sure it is installed in your DocuWiki  lib/plugins/authelkarte/ directory.   If the folder is named differently, the plugin will not work!

Configuration and Settings
  • Login to Dokuwiki as administrator
  • Go to your Extension manager, select manual install, upload this extension (or manually do this, see above)
  • Go to your site's Configuration Manager
  • In the Authentication section:
     - Set Authentication backend to authelkarte
     - Users that are ElkArte administrators will be DokuWiki super users when they log in.
  • While still in the Configuration Manager, Scroll down to the Authelkarte Plugin section:
    - Enter the required configuration information
       - Hostname
       - Port number
       - database name
       - username
       - password
       - table prefix
  • Save settings
  • Logout and log back in with your Elkarte Userid and password

Compatibility
This plugin has been tested with DokuWiki release 2015-08-10a ”Detritus”*, but should also work with *2013-05-10 Weatherwax” and later.
Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:39:18 am by Spuds

Re: [INTEGRATION] DocuWiki

Reply #1

Great! I installed DokuWiki yesterday.  :D

Do I need to delete the users registered in the wiki so far?

Reply #2

I am still waiting for all in one login plugin that was shown by one of our friends, in his demo heavily customized website, some time, not too long ago. @Ant59  I think.  I never heard about it again until today. ;)

Reply #3

Where is Ant these days ? I haven't seen him lately.

His website is giving

Quote403 Forbidden
nginx/1.7.5

Reply #4

What port number do I have to insert for the database server? I am using a webspace package from All-Inkl.com and can't find this information in my account.

Reply #5

Quote from: Jorin – What port number do I have to insert for the database server? I am using a webspace package from All-Inkl.com and can't find this information in my account.
3306 is default for MySQL..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #6

Hm, I must make something wrong, I can't login with my ElkArte account.  :(

I filled all the fields in the configuration of DokuWiki, and I am sure all is filled correctly, but I still must login with my Wiki's password. The password field is empty when I open the config again, is this a problem?

Edit: Maybe it is good not to integrate DokuWiki into ElkArte or viceversa. What if someone wants to work in the wiki but not register in ElkArte? Is this possible?

Reply #7

QuoteHm, I must make something wrong, I can't login with my ElkArte account.
Make sure you set the authentication backend in DocuWiki to authelkarte -  Find the Authentication section in the configuration manager, then use the pull down under "Authentication backend" area and select "authelkarte"

QuoteEdit: Maybe it is good not to integrate DokuWiki into ElkArte or viceversa. What if someone wants to work in the wiki but not register in ElkArte? Is this possible?
No .. the idea is they register on your site and then have access to the site's wiki with those same credentials.  One could probably change the plugin to allow a fallback to standard DocuWiki verification both but thats another thing really.

Reply #8

Quote from: Spuds – No .. the idea is they register on your site and then have access to the site's wiki with those same credentials.

I see. Sorry, then this is not interesting for me. I need the possibility to register for the Wiki without being registered in ElkArte. But thanks anyway.  :)

Reply #9

In that case you just can let DokuWiki deal with registrations. Unless I misunderstood. ;)

Great Spuds!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.