Skip to main content
Topic: Quick moderation (Read 9104 times) previous topic - next topic

Quick moderation

See the attachment.

We have (still) two approaches to quick moderation: icons and checkboxes. I'm not sure if you prefer one or the other, I know from time to time, one of the two would be more useful than the other (usually icons when just one topic is the one to change, checkboxes when many are involved).

The idea here would be to merge the two things.
Before we start thinking about accessibility and so on, what I have in mind is basically remove the icons as a "standard" way to deal with quick moderation. In what I have in mind there just "quick moderation on/off".
Icons become a javascript friendliness available when you have quick moderation on, so you have QM on, you hover a check box, the "round of icons" pops up. At that point you can:
1) use one of the icons to operate on the topic,
2) tick the checkbox.
If you do 1, obviously the normal moderation action is performed.
If you do 2, the popup will not appear any more on that page and you will have to use only checkboxes instead.

The picture attached is just that: a picture. No coding involved, just some boxes and images in inkscape. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Quick moderation

Reply #1

That looks pretty cool and useful. It also looks like the best way to have both of those together.

Reply #2

If you say so you are tempting me to make it instead of fixing all the other bugs I have to fix!! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

lol, you should probably wait for the opinions of some sane people before doing any serious work on it...

Reply #4

And... where do I find any sane person? :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – If you say so you are tempting me to make it instead of fixing all the other bugs I have to fix!! :P
I refuse to provide feedback on what a good idea that is until you fix yer buggies !!!  :)

Reply #6

emanuele haz fixed something! :D

I also worked on that a tiny bit... O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Memo: http://paulkinzett.github.io/toolbar/
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Cool ... need to fork that and change it to use font-awesome icons !

Reply #9

Bump! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Minor presentation point: might be better to provide the options in a straight line across the screen, for easier scanning in practice. ;)

Sticky - Lock - Move - Delete - Checkbox could work.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #11

I added it to the tracked and assigned @emanuele :D

Reply #12

lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

I'm trying to adapt the script you mentioned @Spuds and... it may take a while. xD
I started trying to use it "as is", but it it looks pretty messy when multiple checkboxes are selected (the script creates a number of toolbars, one for each element they are attached to and it toggles the visibility accordingly to the selection, etc., so I couldn't find a way to make it work consistently, also because it doesn't expose much, and even the events don't seem that much useful :-\ ), so for now I'm tearing it apart and picking just the useful bits (it shouldn't be a huge problem since the code has not been updated for years lol).
Oh well, more to come!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

nods ... its one of the side "benefits" of github code, one never knows when it will be abandoned and you are left on your own :P