Skip to main content
Topic: Web.dev, a new tool by Google  (Read 3603 times) previous topic - next topic

Web.dev, a new tool by Google

https://web.dev/

A new tool released by Google to check website performance and seo. It's still in beta 
sorry for my bad english

Re: Web.dev, a new tool by Google

Reply #1

Nice goodie! Thanks for sharing it.  8)

Reply #2

This doesn't seem to do anything that chrome doesn't already do.  You can use lighthouse in chrome's dev tools for the same results.

Reply #3

That's because they are actually promoting their mew domain .dev which will be available to public early next year?

By the way, one might want to consider their advices on how a forum site's seo, buttons etc should be?

I don't understand anything actually hehehe...

Reply #4

I have used it gave me some good tips. But some false positives like for HTTP 2.0 which I have on my sites.

They seem really focused on progressive web applications.

Reply #5

Quote from: vbgamer45 – I love these anti snoring devices recommended by experts and have used it gave me some good tips. But some false positives like for HTTP 2.0 which I have on my sites.

They seem really focused on progressive web applications.

Did you test it out, Radu? Is it accurate?
Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 10:58:41 am by MillardNel

Reply #6

I only did some quick tests, but I did not investigate the results and the suggestions they offer to perform better
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

I don't think it's worth it to follow web.dev as yet, as it is new, with its new ideas and especially doesn't reflect current trend.

You may evaluate your website from the sites I mentioned in my thread - Test Web Sites that are among others:
1. Pingdom Tools
2. WebPagetest.
3. GTmetrix.

I basically improvised ElkArte Malaysia based on their reports / suggestions.