Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte german language files (Read 24523 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte german language files

Reply #30

BTW, I didn't just translate, I also added a string.
-

Reply #31

Would be better to split this thread, what do you think?  ;)

Reply #32

good idea :)
My english is a disaster

Reply #33

Quote from: Jorin – Would be better to split this thread, what do you think?  ;)
yep, done .. related new topic is named Footnotes.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #34

Here there is the current translation forumsearch0r is working on.
Is partial, if you want to collaborate in finishing it any help is welcome. ;D

Also I suppose you'll want to have a German informal "at some point", if the "some point" is now, let me know and I can create the new directory and package for you, just let me know. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #35

Is forumsearch0r actually really working on it? Because:

Quote from: forumsearch0r2 – Sorry, no, won't happen. May Jorin do all this stuff alone. I am a translator, not a bureaucrat.

?

Reply #36

As needed I offer my encourage too.

Reply #37

Quote from: Jorin – Is forumsearch0r actually really working on it?

In opposite to you (or where are your results?), I made half the translations now. Maybe you should spend less time discussing them and more time actually contributing. I haven't seen one single line by you, only announcements that you might already have....   :-\

To be precise, right now I'm not working on them, I have some real life to do. Maybe I'll continue later this week.

If anyone of you decides to finally do something different than just announcing their ability to speak German, maybe it would be the easiest way to keep them altogether. I keep my translation trunk here, randomly updating as I find the time to translate some more strings (usually one file at a time, all the small files are already done). You might want to fork and commit particular pull requests right there so the devs only need to watch one repository (which they already do).

Or you'll just wait one or two more weeks when I have a couple of work-free days. It'll all be done then (presumably).
Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:40:49 am by forumsearch0r
-

Reply #38

Quote from: forumsearch0r – In opposite to you (or where are your results?), I made half the translations now. Maybe you should spend less time discussing them and more time actually contributing. I haven't seen one single line by you, only announcements that you might already have....   :-\

Oh, we have a deadline and it's in the near future? No need to be sarcastic, forumsearch0r, I just offered to help. There seems no need to, so I'll relax, lean back and have popcorn.  ;D

Me too.

Quote from: forumsearch0r – If anyone of you decides to finally do something different than just announcing their ability to speak German, ...

Must I proof it?  ::)

Quote from: forumsearch0r – Or you'll just wait one or two more weeks when I have a couple of work-free days. It'll all be done then (presumably).

Thanks a lot! I'll wait then.

Reply #39

Fine!  :D
-

Reply #40

Quote from: forumsearch0r – ......
 I keep my translation trunk here,

Wow, most work is done. Thank you!

Edit:
Despite UTF-8. Mistake in encoding:
Alle neuen Beitr�ge ansehen.
Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:15:19 pm by NetFlag

Reply #41

Sure that it's not just your editor?
-

Reply #42

emanuele likes when there is a lot of people that want to help! :D

Hey no reason to heat up the discussion. :P
As I said previously, if any one is not comfortable with github, you can just attach the files here, and me or anyone else can push the contributions on your behalf. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #43

Thanks for the advice. Normally I work under Debian with Geany. No need to care about encoding. This time I do at on a WIN7 Desktop-PC. So I walk into the trap.  :-[

Reply #44

I (as a Win7 user) edit the language files with Emacs and Sublime Text 3 (depending on my mood), both usually know UTF-8. Feel free to decide for a better text editor when on Win7. :)
-