Skip to main content
Topic: Arabic translation in progress on Transifex (Read 5665 times) previous topic - next topic

Arabic translation in progress on Transifex

Example:
English : We would love to let you peek at Who's Online, but unfortunately right now it's disabled.
Key : who_off
so I read then translate then do the shortening
Arabic : DISABLED (in Arabic of course)
what a waste of time and effort !! looks like the developers were in a good mode
:P

Re: Arabic translation in progress on Transifex

Reply #1

My arabic is a little bit rusty or otherwise, I may be able to help translate arabic as well.

So how do you right the above in arabic? Does this sounds right?

Quoteنحن نحب أن نوْذنك النظر إلى من هو على الانترنت، ولكنه الآن في التعطيل

Reply #3

I was actually joking , ranting against these long phrases that take longer time to deal with it , while it could be shorter , making it easier for translators :)

@ahrasis thank you for offering your help , but you are already doing great job with developing and translating to Malay, i will let you know for sure if help is needed .
as for the Arabic translation of that phrase  , yours are very close , but could use some improving :)

@Frenzie thanks , I already did before, many parts of it look like translating a book for geeks , not for forum users , but honestly it is a good source

Reply #4

lol

That was... Norv's faul I think, the idea was to be a bit less formal and have a more casual approach.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

I quite like it. ;)

Reply #6

Good practice for translators. :P