Skip to main content
Topic: It's pink, therefore it's Span. Why for span in linktree? (Read 4824 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: It's pink, therefore it's Span. Why for span in linktree?

Reply #15

I see both extra_before and extra_after in Post.controller.php, starts on line 561 ...

extra_after is also used in Memberlist.controller.

Anyway, my thoughts are its a candidate for removal or relocation.  Seems like a lot of code/etc to support two cases, one is post preview and one in the memberlist to show the total count (which gets truncated of course lol) ... not sure the information being added is that useful, or could perhaps be in the info box or simply dropped.

Reply #16

Oh I get it. I was thinking the Post.controller.php stuff was a general thing (not up to speed on Elk sources). I have the mental picture now: much the same as SMF post preview/full reply page.

Memberlist info in a basic info box sounds sensible*. Post preview page could maybe just be done as "Home>Category>Board>Topic>Post reply" instead. IOW, just add an extra li and skip all the extras stuff. Should simplify things.

*Basically like board descriptions in boards. Might even be able to use common code for it (shock horror).
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:49:45 pm by Antechinus
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #17

emanuele likes how Spuds thinks
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.