Skip to main content
Topic: A slight Calendar Bug (Read 4638 times) previous topic - next topic

A slight Calendar Bug

I have been playing with a custom theme, it is a derivative of the Default theme/_light varient. Please see the attached image.

Occurs when adding more than one event/holiday for a day. The Week section of the calendar will not properly adjust its vertical size to accept more than one entry, without breaking the vertical separator bar. Also when using the "overflow: auto;", the scroll bar will appear on the left, but will not properly adjust the box size and vertical separator bar.

I attempted to correct this using "height:" in various places in index_pastel.css and index.css. All to no avail but then again, I am not real bright about all of this.  :)

I stuck this topic here as I am uncertain if theme/css issues belong here or in the Bug board. Apologies if in the incorrect place.

Re: A slight Calendar Bug

Reply #1

Been a while since I looked at the CSS and markup for that, so can't recall offhand how it all went. I think I may have used the old "one true layout" trick. If you want help with it, give me a link to a live example.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #2

Quote from: Antechinus – Been a while since I looked at the CSS and markup for that, so can't recall offhand how it all went. I think I may have used the old "one true layout" trick. If you want help with it, give me a link to a live example.

I do seem to recall something along the lines of "one true layout", I will go back and take a look.

I have ElkArte set up on a localhost via Xampp. I am seriously though thinking about moving it to a spare domain I have. But first, I need to figure out why I can upgrade/update via the master package. Getting the "can't find language file' error. Once I figure that out I will move to a spare domain.

Reply #3

Yeah I should update my local, which is still on alpha. I was going to, but then someone found a bug with the upgrade files so I put it off for a couple of days, then............

Reply #4

Found the one true item. Found the wombat too. It is only a few lines below the the one true comment. Don't think the wombat is the problem though.   :)

Code: [Select]
/* Use the old one true layout trick here. */
.weeklist .windowbg2, .weeklist .calendar_today {
    margin: 0 0 -95px 11.5em;
    padding: 8px 8px 100px 8px;
}

That code and the wombat are in the css\index.css file.  Any suggestions?

Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:55:58 pm by AaronB

Reply #5

Should probably add that I am getting an error on GenericList.template when I click on Calendar from the Community button. See attachment. I like attachments.   :)

edit:  Hmmmm ... perplexing. Saw this error before the update attempt and afterwards. I edited the genericList.template.php file and did a null save and now the problem has gone away.  Maybe my ElkArte update worked? Just needed to do a few refreshes? <shrug>

Reply #6

The wombat is critical to correct software operation. 8)

Found that vertical border in the light css:

.weeklist h4 {
border-right: 2px solid #ddd;
}

Offhand I can't remember why I set that border on the h4. It may have been a brain fart. Try setting it on .weekdays class instead.
See how that goes.

Reply #7

Quote from: AaronB – Should probably add that I am getting an error on GenericList.template when I click on Calendar from the Community button. See attachment. I like attachments.   :)
@Joker™ is the responsible! :P

From the url in the error log looks like the "main" calendar management page, I can't reproduce it in my localhost.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Even though I am grasping in the dark, this has been fun for me ... and maybe annoying for all of you.  O:-)

Concerning the original issues of my first post, the broken table occurs in the default theme and with the _light varient only. The table does not break with the _besocial! varient. Since I took the _light varient as a template for my custom theme, the problem of the broken table carried with it.

Antechinus suggested looking for the class  '.weekdays' , which there is not one of in any CSS file, but can be found in the calendar.template.php file as shown below (  lines 436, 437 and 438 of template )

echo '
                        </h4>
                        <div class="', $day['is_today'] ? 'calendar_today' : 'windowbg2', ' weekdays">';

The above is for the \default and \install directory.

There is however, a class of '.weeklist' in the varient file and when substituting the word 'weeklist' for 'weekdays' in the calendar.template.php file I can manipulate the colour and such of the broken table ... but not a dynamic sizing of the table.

It is interesting to note that there are no Calendar classes in the _besocial! varient ... or wombats.  Hmmmmmmm ..
Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:44:00 pm by AaronB

Reply #9

Don't mess around with the template. Just remove the border from the h4 in the CSS and set a border on the weekdays class instead. There shouldn't be any need to touch the template.

And when you say "table does not break" what exactly do you mean? When you say "dynamic sizing of the table" what do you mean? Your posts are a bit vague.