Skip to main content
Topic: Minor Aestectics in Modify Board / Recycle Board (Read 4101 times) previous topic - next topic

Minor Aestectics in Modify Board / Recycle Board

Admittedly I am a touch OCD about symmetry ...  :-[  so the following, while not earth shattering to most is something that falls into a catagory that I consider non symmetrical.   :)  

See attached images. In the first image the first 'note' box is a .infobox class and looks rather proper with the little stick pin; especially for being called a 'note'. The second box has the word 'note' but no stick pin image and is from the class .information.

By editing ManageBoards.template.php, line 636 and changing this:

Code: [Select]
echo '<div class="information">', $txt['mboards_recycle_disabled_delete'], '</div>';

to this:

Code: [Select]
echo '<div class="infobox">', $txt['mboards_recycle_disabled_delete'], '</div>';

I achieved the symmetry shown in the second image. OCD crisis over.  ;D

I realise this seems minor to most people, but these little items like this are what add to the polished look of the user interface. Please consider adding the above changes.

thanks

Re: Minor Aestectics in Modify Board / Recycle Board

Reply #1

Thanks for the report.
mhh, why seperate boxes at all? wouldn't it make more sense to combine both messages in a single box?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

Makes sense TE!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Probably...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Yes, I just downloaded the corrections and I think that it would look better to remove the second 'Note:' from the string. Aside from that the new message does look much better combined and placed at the top.

edit: spelling
Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:12:48 pm by AaronB

Reply #6

Was the "note" removed?
I don't remember...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Nope ... the second note is still there. Perhaps the two different strings can be combined and only one string called in the template?

Reply #8

Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:06:22 am by Aggelos

Reply #9

https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/1703

One day we may want to merge the two strings... not now though, otherwise I could be killed... O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.