Skip to main content
Topic: Bubble Invades Linktree (Read 2559 times) previous topic - next topic

Bubble Invades Linktree

See attached image. Occurs in FF 28 and IE 11.  Looks a little rough to me; maybe drop the bubble a little lower, increase space between linktree and menu or sit the menu on top of the table?

ETA:  I should point out that the issue occurs when the user is not using the side bar menu.
Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:42:12 am by Aggelos

Re: Bubble Invades Linktree

Reply #1

I've seen that in a few places as well.  I think it does it in the message display as well (by the users profile) when it covers a bit the above content.  Maybe a slightly less bulbous bubble would help as well, no sure what the best approach there.

Reply #2

This goes back to the inconsistency in the two theme variants .... in theme overall actually. In some cases you will find the buttons sitting flush to a table or hr and sometimes not.  The bubble could be styled then you play with the font size and bubble placement and how it looks in various areas of the site and various browsers.

The saner way would likely to opt to flush buttons to the below surface or to pad 8px or so between all button tops and the above area.

Reply #3

No doubt there are inconsistencies, and a lot of that comes from the templates which have different layouts. 

We addressed some of that with the use of more "generic" templates that could be reused, so when a generic is updated, it fixes all the areas that use the same thing.  In the past the code was repeated, and often not the same, or one of 4 areas was updated, forgetting the other three, etc.   Anyway its all fix it as you find it, honestly the amount of work the templates needed from 2.0 was saddening.

In this case we can address that indicator with
Code: [Select]
#dropdown_menu_1 .pm_indicator {
margin-top: 4px;
}
in the light variant, that should shift it down without moving them in other areas.

Reply #4

:D    Well ... since I am in moan mode , let me add this image. Bubble also intrudes on admin mod notification box.

ETA: I will give your fix a try and see how it goes.

Reply #5

Wound up doing this. Added the margin-right to get the bubble off of the Actions button. This is on FF 28, have not tried it on IE yet.

Code: [Select]
/* fixes bubble intrusion into menus */
#dropdown_menu_1 .pm_indicator {
margin-top: 5px;
margin-right: 4px;
}