Skip to main content
Topic: CDN Support (Read 10165 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CDN Support

Reply #15

That's correct .. I do have an un-released addon which points asset (JS/CSS/Images/etc) to a CDN of your choice.  I use it for Amazon's CDN cloudfront service.   Should work with other conventional CDN's as well.  

Looks like MaxCDN has been soaked up by StackPath CDN and its, IMO, a bit pricey for what most forums use (looks like min $20 a month?)

Reply #16

Quote from: Spuds – Looks like MaxCDN has been soaked up by StackPath CDN and its, IMO, a bit pricey for what most forums use (looks like min $20 a month?)

I have a free sponsored account from 4  years ago. :P Consuming +- 100GB per month, but only for one domain.

if you want a cheap CDN I can recommend BunnyCDN: https://bunnycdn.com/ for me its the keycdn successor.

Reply #17

Quote from: Spuds – That's correct .. I do have an un-released addon which points asset (JS/CSS/Images/etc) to a CDN of your choice.  I use it for Amazon's CDN cloudfront service.   Should work with other conventional CDN's as well.
Is the addon ready for testing @Spuds? I have been reading about this RawGit and it seems good to be made as an additional options for those who are trying to implement CDN for their static contents. I'd like to test it with this RawGit using ElkArte github repo as it also uses StackPath CDN. I currently testing my own created CDN, sort of. [1]
I am testing my own cdn at https://cdn.sch.my via my ISPConfig Control Panel and pointing it to the same path of my master domain with MultiTenancy addon (via $buffer).

Reply #18

Had not seen the rawgit before ... very interesting !

I'll have to hunt around for the CDN code I have, I'm not sure I ever packaged it up for use  :-*

Reply #19

I am currently using repair_settings.php  to change to a cdn url but currently only avatar, smileys and images folder are covered. So now I am looking for a way to change css and script to use the cdn url as well.

How do I change the settings for these two? Can our repair_settings.php be modified to include both of their url? Or do I need to use an addon?