Skip to main content
Topic: Help with custom theme needed (Read 6977 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with custom theme needed

I have some ideas for my theme, but I can't get them to live. So I need help from someone who's willing to help me with his programming skills. Is there a way to get in contact with such a person?

Re: Help with custom theme needed

Reply #1

@Allan  @CrimeS  are the names that comes to my mind instantly.

Reply #2

emanuele is terrible with theming...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

but Emanuele can code ;) I'd love to be as bad as you are  ;D
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

@emanuele  , you cannot skip this now :P

Reply #5

Anyone with some time (not much) please give me a sign.  O:-)

Reply #6

It really depends on what you want to do... let me know and I'll tell you if I can help or not. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

I'm currently too busy with own projects :)

Reply #8

Just post them here so everybody can see and contribute. This is an ElkArte community, isn't it?

Reply #9

First changes are discussed here:

http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2631.0

Second: I imagine it would be great to have the header with it's menu buttons at the left side of the index instead of at the top. Every device I use to visit the forum has a screen which is always a widescreen with more space in width then in height. So why do I need a forum header which costs a lot of space when I have more then enough room at both sides? I know this can be a big one so I can pay for help with this (if this is allowed to post here - if not, please edit my post and delete this offer).

Third: My logo is too small in mobile view. Can be a small bug I think.

Reply #10

The first one is already advised.

The second one, just for clarification, you want it to be something like ubuntu menu (just the icons in vertical align) or you want it with text and icons or just text?

The third one, that I think involves only css and should be easy to fix.

Reply #11

Quote from: ahrasis – The second one, just for clarification, you want it to be something like ubuntu menu (just the icons in vertical align) or you want it with text and icons or just text?

I am not using ubuntu.  ;)  And I did no draft for now what it could look like. But maybe the buttons can be displayed aligned to the right border then.

I have no solution at the moment for the hover menus. Maybe they can expand to the right then instead of to the bottom.

Reply #12

That should be css as well (if there is no other element of jquery involves) and should not be that difficult to implement. If I am not mistaken, last time I read, @emanuele has some trial theme using pure css that has a menu on the left side. May be, he can share the one that he already has? It will take me sometimes to formulate a left side menu.

Reply #13

You mean something like:

Just the idea, not the look of it.

Quote from: ahrasis – May be, he can share the one that he already has? It will take me sometimes to formulate a left side menu.
It may be little tricky, because to work on that one I wiped out entirely the various css from Elk, so it's basically something completely different...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

Yep, something like that.  :)