Skip to main content
Topic: I had one error while installing, but this popup is not needed! (Read 1796 times) previous topic - next topic

I had one error while installing, but this popup is not needed!

Like come on people, this is unnecesary to have this popup come up, to double the amount of clicks needed for installation - sick. This Windows XP nonsense of asking the users if he is certain about a task he is accepting already... I just hate them. Microsoft nonsense of child caring the user and the continual nuisance of it - just hated that from the very beginning.

Would be nice if one could mark all the zip files and Themes that one wants and install in one go :)

Beside that I had an error while installing one of the themes, but after trying again it seemed to work. So it seems I have every single Theme installed except the 2 CSS, which have the same name and is to be put the same place so... Not sure what that is about.

Dearly regards
- Darkijah

Re: I had one error while installing, but this popup is not needed!

Reply #1

Quote from: Darkijah – Would be nice if one could mark all the zip files and Themes that one wants and install in one go :)
 How often do you need to install more than one theme on the same forum?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

an unspecific number of times!

Reply #3

I guess the message may be useful if someone tries to install a theme that is not for the version of elk that he is using, that could make sense.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele – I guess the message may be useful if someone tries to install a theme that is not for the version of elk that he is using, that could make sense.
Not really. Did you see it stop me from trying to install one?

Reply #5

Like it says in your avatar, sometimes you should read the instructions. :D
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #6

Quote from: Antechinus – Like it says in your avatar, sometimes you should read the instructions. :D
Actually, I did download everything on purpose, no way to know how things work without trying things out for oneself. ;)
But that popup is terrible and unnecessary. At least make a point in the message that says turn off. Who don't hate popups with stupid messages and more clicks to do...

Oh those golden times of Windows 2000 where it all was clean and lovely and no nonsense. Those where the days. Had they ever made a Windows 64 bit version - I would still be stuck to that today! :P