Skip to main content
Topic: Layout issues on mobile? (Read 5050 times) previous topic - next topic

Layout issues on mobile?

I'm attaching two screen shots that show what I feel are possibly a few layout issues in portrait and landscape layout on android chrome.   On the portrait screen are the reply and mark read supposed to be below the page box on their own line, or right justified on the same line?  And same thing with the go button and jump to line.

On the landscape should quick edit be two lines tall like that? And send this topic.  And again should the go button be on its own line?

There are various other buttons with the same split on two lines on other pages (like new topic).  Although font sized is boosted a bit here I've checked the same thing happens at 100% font size.

Re: Layout issues on mobile?

Reply #1

oh, nice ones.. thanks for reporting.

I'll check, which Screen Resolution is your android device? IIRC I've fixed those bugs,  unfortunately only for low screen devices  :-[
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

It's 1920x1080 (SGS4)

Reply #3

ah, I tend to forget those HD Displays,
 TE needs a new mobile device :P

Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #4

TE, why not remove the "go" button? It takes JS to load the jump to anyway.

Actually, some general language changes:
"send this topic" = "send topic"
"move topic" = "move"
"remove topic" = "delete" or "remove"
"lock topic" = "lock"
"set topic sticky" = "sticky topic" or "sticky" or maybe we can call it "pin"
"merge topics" = "merge"

Maybe on mobile change those moderation options to a select? That way you have to click the "moderate" button and then click the option you want. Real estate is expensive on mobile. Or... you could remove all of the moderation buttons and then have a button at the bottom which says "show moderation"

Reply #5

I like all those :D ... we tend to be to verbose on some buttons ... should reduce them to the basics as you have posted.

Reply #7

Just downloaded the new css file (otherwise still on beta2) and the landscape seems fixed but I don't see any change in the portrait mode.

Reply #8

Noticed another one on my more populated test forum.  Notice how the second ">" symbol is on the wrong baseline in the link tree.

This is portrait mode with the css file from the above github link.

Reply #9

Ok, seeing other artifacts that tell me fixing the new css with the beta2 theme is not a good idea. 

In general how would you prefer we respond to these fixes?  Pull the latest complete repo from github?  Wait for the RC?

Reply #10

Make sure you grab both the index.css and then the index_light and index_besocial css files from the sub directory's as well.

QuoteIn general how would you prefer we respond to these fixes?  Pull the latest complete repo from github?  Wait for the RC?
Its generally best to just grab the new repo and overwrite your existing files, that keeps you current.

If you are familiar with Git, you can also just pull in the changes from the master branch, or create a new branch based on the current master branch.  I have my localhost www pointing to my local elkarte repo directory.  This way when I do a pull, or switch/create branches, etc. my local webstie for ElkArte is updated for me.

The only time that may cause an issue is a) if there were any db changes (and there have not been any that I recall since B2)  or b) you installed a mod that made source edits (but if you do it with repo switching these are not really issues).

Reply #11

So you would prefer we're testing off the branch and not off the last official release?  I haven't generally pulled updates as I wasn't sure the repo was kept in a "stable" state and I wasn't sure if you wanted to have people reporting on things outside the office (beta 2 in this case) current release.

Reply #12

The master is meant to be stable, of course it could break, but is very unlikely in the current phase.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Just pulled the master branch to have everything all new and shiny.  Still some formatting issues on my hone.  See how the sort by box kind of floats over things, not sure if that's what is desired.  And the still some button alignment like the mark all messages read and the new topic and mark read buttons.  And the > signs being aligned too low are still there too.

Reply #14

A fix for the Linktree is sent (PR #1468)
I'll check the sort_by one.

Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------